k out d in - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default k out d in

Was recently entertaining a kswap idea but I think I've decided again to stick with d. Cheaper, easier, and in the end will be faster than the k frank I would have built na for almost less than half the cost. I'll go k next time. It'd be cool to have two em2s anyways... Heh heh heh
kevink121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 d16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MacK View Post
^^^you brought enough for all of us...very thoughtful
d16devin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Lol
Im a giver not a taker eh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MacK View Post
Lol
Im a giver not a taker eh.
one of the many reasons i love Canadians

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevink121 View Post
Was recently entertaining a kswap idea but I think I've decided again to stick with d. Cheaper, easier, and in the end will be faster than the k frank I would have built na for almost less than half the cost. I'll go k next time. It'd be cool to have two em2s anyways... Heh heh heh
Oh so you never put the k in? What are you taking out? Lookin' like a cool story so far bro!
Build me a sandwich.
But if we are talking about motors then listen to these other guys
91 Cubic Inches of Muscle!
Save/Sohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save/Sohc View Post
Oh so you never put the k in? What are you taking out? Lookin' like a cool story so far bro!
Found k24a1 block for dirt cheap. Found k20a2 head also dirt cheap. 450 combined. Started the research. Got a bit intimidated with all that goes into a kswap and the numbers adding up on the bill. My d17a2 is/has/ about to take a shit and the quicker/easier/cheaper the project the better. I'm losing gusto on this project. Everything thus far has fell through : p I was away from the site and cruising k20a for a bit.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 sales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

K swap is pretty easy for the price you got the motor for the rest would have been pretty easy and cheap.... But to each there own....
sales@rcautoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Ks are for fags, Ds are for badasses.

NB4 T-MacK rage
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 sales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post

NB4 T-MacK rage
In for the 300hp N/A D......Oh yey thats right
sales@rcautoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
K swap is pretty easy for the price you got the motor for the rest would have been pretty easy and cheap.... But to each there own....
Block looked in rough shape. Haven't bought it yet. Ideally I'd want to build it internally and out I dunno what the particular set up is capable of with stock internals. Or how far you can push it. I'm generally new to this.

But the D17 would have gotten new rods, turbo pistons with a slight bore, head bolts, turbo cam, t28 maybe t3 and exhaust was undecided. Was told the head wouldn't need to be touched to get 300 out of it. Or not right away at least. so its between those two. I dunno if its practical or overkill where other things might be more cost efficient. I just wanna do it right and have it for a while.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 Midori EK is learning the way of the DMidori EK is learning the way of the D

in for the gangbang LOL!
Midori EK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
In for the 300hp N/A D......Oh yey thats right

Last edited by FarmerD; 10-05-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: dont post shit like that dude.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Quote:

NB4 T-MacK rage
Lol
All good.

If your happy with 150-155whp N/A then yes stick with the D
Ive had a few of those and it was time to move on.

And im currently having a blast beating on Type-Rs at the track and lapping the D guys. lol.

Bottomline is theres know such thing as a cheap build. I spent more money building a 150whp D then I did 170whp B-Series......go figure?

K and B have so many more N/A options in the long run and sincw im a N/A guy I was craving alot more and sick of getting passed at the track.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 FkenMustangs will become famous soon enoughFkenMustangs will become famous soon enoughFkenMustangs will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FkenMustangs

Haha glad we got popcorn early on in this thread!
2000 Suzuki DRZ400S Mostly Stock
FkenMustangs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

I've got a K24a1 Sitting at the foot of my bed LOL
Tmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmfw View Post
I've got a K24a1 Sitting at the foot of my bed LOL
Careful, it may try to fuck you in the ass while youre sleeping.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Careful, it may try to fuck you in the ass while youre sleeping.
Apparently LOL
Tmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 DemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Pretty much.

Last edited by FarmerD; 10-05-2011 at 10:03 AM.
DemoFly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in