Gas Pedal Sticks - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Gas Pedal Sticks

I am a noob to mechanics, and ive done about all I can think of to figure this out. Heres the issue:
Gas Pedal sticks up (cant push down) at weird random times, and sometimes sticks VERY hard. Checked all my cables, seem fine, the pedal always moves freely when the car is off.

One thing i have noticed, and i could just be an idoit, but I get alot of holes in my factory exhaust pipe for some reason, but it seems like when I fix one, the pedal wont stick for a while. Any thoughtS? I took it to my local honda dealer, and theyve looked at it about 5 times, and everytime i leave pissed off because they tell me the Throttlebody is dirty.....its probably the cleanest part of the car because of the 5+ times ive cleaned it now! Please help, this problem is very very very very very ANNOYING!.
SynergyCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 schardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

adjust the throttle stop screw. should be a 6 or 7mm then tighten the screw and retighten the 6 or 7mm nut while holding the screw. alot of then do that as the tip of the throttle stop screw wears after 200k miles and the throttle closes too far.

you can also just slightly bend the tab that hits the throttle stop aswell, but thats not the "proper" way, but its what i usually do.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

I have had this happen from a cable the was frayed inside the sheathing. The frays where catching the sheathing and holding it in place. Wouldnt do it all the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in