Is that it?!? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Is that it?!?

so i did intake, header and exhaust...as far as "bolt ons" go, is this all the hp gains i can count on? i cant do boost, yet. i cant rebuild an N/A monster, yet. this is my daily driver and i dont know what else will gain me any ponies...cant tune/k-pro this d17a2...whats next? will a cam gear get me anything? im hella new to this, and feel dumb as hell, a little outa my element...any advice/clarification would be greatly appriciated!
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

sheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcano

cam, intake manifold, 3 angle valve job, cam will require a tune. other than that read what works man its all here...flame suit...its gunna come man

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Why the hek you driving over 4k rpms? What are you, a street racer? LOL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sheasekhatch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

If you cant tune you might as well just not bother doing anything, the extra 10hp youll get from bolt-ons will not be very noticeable and is not worth the price.
Full_Tilt is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 SlowCivicEF will become famous soon enoughSlowCivicEF will become famous soon enoughSlowCivicEF will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

he said " hella"

you have a D17A2. search !!

D-series.org - Search Results
Quote:
yes, I know, but my donkey who shits my money is far from superior

SlowCivicEF is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

ive been on hondata, thats a no go...searchin all over for d17a2 options...not much comin up...ill keep lookin, and i guess i should SEARCH THIS SITE (thx slowcivic) tryin to self edjucate is a beeotch...most of you guys are speakin greek...hella
Old 05-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

do u live in cali?
Old 05-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle

Just giving a bit more advice, never fall for the egay ecu chips. A cam, valve job and tune are your next options like said before. I say save your pennies, do research, and boost. I know nothing about the newer D motors so thats up to you to gain the knowledge. What are its weak points? What works the best for it (cams/pistons/rods/compression ratio/etc) All things that can be found here by serching. Our search button is very keyword sensitive from my experience.
Build me a sandwich.
But if we are talking about motors then listen to these other guys
91 Cubic Inches of Muscle!
Save/Sohc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

im in WA state so no laws to bitch about...that's a good thing...i wanna boost, dont get it twisted, just not feasible for a couple more years...

i know there isnt a "magic chip" that i can get on ebay for $16 that'll get me 20 ponies...the d17a2 ecu is not tunable from what im finding...

is it worth doing a cam, cam gear and valve job if i cant tune? wtf?!?!? if youre about to say k-swap bite your tongue...
Old 05-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Won't give you any Hp but a good set of lightweight wheels makes a big difference in how your car feels. Going from 15" Konigs heliums to heavy ass 17's on my integra was ridiculously noticable. Feels like I'm carrying a couple dead bodies in my hatch.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 braxtonsag is a name known to allbraxtonsag is a name known to allbraxtonsag is a name known to allbraxtonsag is a name known to allbraxtonsag is a name known to allbraxtonsag is a name known to allbraxtonsag is a name known to allbraxtonsag is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Convert to obd1, and get rid of the d17. Youll be much happier with a z6 or y8. The D17 is just kinda expensive and hard to find parts for.

braxtonsag is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

You're not listening. If you can't tune NOTHING you can do will be worth the time, money or effort.
Full_Tilt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Demon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dilla View Post
so i did intake, header and exhaust...as far as "bolt ons" go, is this all the hp gains i can count on? i cant do boost, yet. i cant rebuild an N/A monster, yet. this is my daily driver and i dont know what else will gain me any ponies...cant tune/k-pro this d17a2...whats next? will a cam gear get me anything? im hella new to this, and feel dumb as hell, a little outa my element...any advice/clarification would be greatly appriciated!
use the search option, lots of builds on here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
You're not listening. If you can't tune NOTHING you can do will be worth the time, money or effort.
THIS^

bolt ons are more or less useless. naturally aspirated hondas are not fast. quick yes, but just not worth it imo(unless swapped).

sooo....boost is the only way you will get real power out of that motor. good luck.

Demon_12-21-2012 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 scketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxtonsag View Post
Convert to obd1, and get rid of the d17. Youll be much happier with a z6 or y8. The D17 is just kinda expensive and hard to find parts for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
^^^Truth: Convert, throw in a cam, tune. Easy peasy cheap and happy!

Who drives your life?

DOHC ZC POWERED 86 HATCH down but not out
Remember kids; professionals built the Titanic but amateurs built the ark
scketch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Did'nt read any post except for the intro.
Im sure others will agree with me though.

You have a D17?
After bolt'ons the only thing to do is turbo that bitch of an engine Honda made.

Personally hate the D17 and find it usless to build N/A.
You should keep that as youre DD and find another project (EH or EK) and get a more user friendly engine to work on

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 35 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
im in WA state so no laws to bitch about...that's a good thing...i wanna boost, dont get it twisted, just not feasible for a couple more years...

i know there isnt a "magic chip" that i can get on ebay for $16 that'll get me 20 ponies...the d17a2 ecu is not tunable from what im finding...

is it worth doing a cam, cam gear and valve job if i cant tune? wtf?!?!? if youre about to say k-swap bite your tongue...

K-pro

D17 tuning is done on K-pro

f00ker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 04:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

NITROUS, holmes cheap power adder

......waits for someone to post you dont have to refill boost, or your gonna blow your shit up....... \
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

Last edited by 2drz6; 05-15-2011 at 04:45 AM.
2drz6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

hondata doesn't make k-pro for the d17a2...tmack is right, it is a bitch of an engine...boost and tune will require a "slave" ecu or something to hook up k-pro? jeezuz this is shitty...what is a convert to obd1? z6? y8? im effin retarded...
Old 05-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
hondata doesn't make k-pro for the d17a2...tmack is right, it is a bitch of an engine...boost and tune will require a "slave" ecu or something to hook up k-pro? jeezuz this is shitty...what is a convert to obd1? z6? y8? im effin retarded...
Yes they make a k-pro for the D17.

Honestly youre much better off spending that money on a swap and converting to OBD-1.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mondo9psi

fuck it get a eg and boost it, stop messing with the d17 your pissing in the wind my friend
Old 05-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Well, what I/H/E do you have? You can always upgrade to slightly better stuff.

But honestly, I think a nice K-swap would be a better option. Unless you wanna boost the bitch.
sxysweed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.d-series.org/forums/7th-gen/147428-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Wanna have some fun on d-series?!?!?! - 7th Gen Honda Forum - The #1 Community for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Enthusiasts This thread Refback 05-17-2011 07:07 PM