D17 Turbo T25 Dyno Tune'd Today with Pictures** - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D17 Turbo T25 Dyno Tune'd Today with Pictures**

Yeap, So as most of you know i'm in NC. I head over to HIS Motorsports in Hickory and got my car dyno tuned finally. Since the guy back home in MA wouldn't do it due to the knocking noise, this guy would. So I bite the bullet and get him to do it.

I got charged 300$ Which is not so bad. He was a pro with tuning EVO's not really honda's which kinda makes me shake my head, but we got it better then what it was i suppose.

The shop: Very new, the specialize in turbo applications. Mostly Evos and awd cars. Clean shop, dyno meter dyno very well set up.

I knew the car was acting up and slow as fuck from the mtn run in atlanta, so I had to do something about this.

Before he started tuning he made a first pull, apprently i was only having 5psi of boost.

Check out the curve, it's like perfect.
End Result below:
Max Power: 150.79 /// Max Torque:153.22

Then the guy got to work tuning it. I wish the guy specialized in honda's though but eff it. since we figured the 5PSI issue, he tuned with that, and we got 166 with vtec tuned.

Then we moved the acuator correct to 8psi where it should have been. and did a few things diff.

and ended up with this:
Max Power: 170.83 Max Torque: 175.50

So I made alot more power, but I think because he turned the acuator, im pretty sure he didn't do alot of tuning, because after we had that run, he said that's pretty much where it's gonna be. He was out of ideas. and i said fuck it and left. at least it didn't blow up on the dyno like I thought.

Car drives and pulls hard. I'm impressed with that. I wish i was somewhere near 190-200whp though..... He said if i got meth injection he would only charge for the dyno time and tune it for free.

View My Video
What do you guys think?

D17 with T25 Turbo

Last edited by Maple50175; 04-20-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Maple50175 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

love the tq on this set-up

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 05:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Should have taken it to Howard at RLZ Engineering in Concord, NC. Guy is an ass, but a wizard with Hondas.

Congrats on the numbers though, not bad for a little T25 peashooter. Is it still knocking?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
Should have taken it to Howard at RLZ Engineering in Concord, NC. Guy is an ass, but a wizard with Hondas.

Congrats on the numbers though, not bad for a little T25 peashooter. Is it still knocking?

i have to agree with clint, howard is the man when it comes to tuners in nc....

click -->RLZ Engineering - Carolina Hondas to see some of there work

HIS is on the lower end of hickory right near conover? im gonna give you rep for not taken it to brandon @ blue ridge
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 dj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Nice tq.

dj211855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
セックス大好き

Rep Power: 43 moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Not everyday you make more torque than power, nice

1993 240sx Coupe * GONE * Farewell old friend..

1992 240sx Coupe * Awaiting 1JZ-GTE * New Drift Build

199X 240sx RHD 3S-GE 6MT * On-the-back-burner * Track Car Project

Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops
moss500berg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
i have to agree with clint, howard is the man when it comes to tuners in nc....

click -->RLZ Engineering - Carolina Hondas to see some of there work

HIS is on the lower end of hickory right near conover? im gonna give you rep for not taken it to brandon @ blue ridge

damn if i Only knew that ahead of time.

Yeah I called blueridge, they wanted 500$ for tune, fuck that. HIS Motorsports were alot laid back and said something like 350 or less. which wasn't bad if the motor was going to blow.

Yeah i have rocker arm noise, i was going to call u speed foos but I forgot you PMd me your number.

I was at import alliance last weekend, it was sick ha.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

It's scary that you paid $300 to have a tuner up the boost, hardly tune it, and send you on your way. What's even worse is you paid that much to have a motor that knocks tuned.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuff578 View Post
It's scary that you paid $300 to have a tuner up the boost, hardly tune it, and send you on your way. What's even worse is you paid that much to have a motor that knocks tuned.

Yeah that's what I said.... The guy is a pro with evo's not really honda's but whatever. the knocking is the rocker arms.

eh, oh well. lesson learned right?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Yeah I agree I think I would of spent the money to replace the rocker arm assembly or the entire head if its that bad but to each his own... nice tq numbers though sucks it won't last very long
jt99ek4door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 crxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

If he is a pro with Evo's and AWD, then he should have at least did some fuel tuning and a little timing or something. You make power with fuel, timing, and psi. (for forced induction) He should have worked on those components. You have to tune those things on an Evo to get it to make more power. No I'm not saying all cars are alike, I'm just saying you adjust the same things, or close to the same things to make more power.

Props for good numbers. Especially on more torque.

"Don't get too close to me, you'll get Horsepower on you!"
-DonWon
crxdonwon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
McLOVIN

Rep Power: 17 jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!
jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss500berg View Post
Not everyday you make more torque than power, nice
Unless you only rev to 5251 RPM hahaha.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Should have took it to Redline Performance, 785B New Leicester Hwy, Asheville, NC. 28806

Joseph Davis is the MAN when it comes to tuning hondas. You tell him Steven the rhmt FI mod sent you, and he will take care of you.

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

damn. if I knew this stuff before hand. ha
Old 04-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 schardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

just curious what was he tuning with? what software are you running?

the AFR looks perfect on the sheet so there wasnt much left in it from fuel tuning....

that turbo is falling short up high, thats why you arent making ALOT more power....

with that torque curve i'm sure its fun anyways.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

your numbers look great! I am in the process of tuning for boost on my D17A2. I have yet to dyno it, but from what I know about this engine, there's nothing you CAN do with VTEC... It works much differently than other VTEC systems. From what I know, I'd say that your Horsepower/Torque gains in the second run are from increasing the boost. The stock ECU does the majority of the "tuning", unless you are using a standalone fuel controller (like AEM EMS), but then you'd fail Mass state inspection. I couldn't tell from your post what fuel control system you are using. Mind posting that? Also, I'd love to know track times... if you have them. Maybe I'll run into you at Lebanon..? GL to ya!!
Daleon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Hondata Kpro Meng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in