D17A2 with D16Y8 Manifold and a turbo - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2004, 01:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D17A2 with D16Y8 Manifold and a turbo

Hey whats up im new to this site i so i thougth i woud post a few pictures of my 2003 honda civic. Ive been on 7thgencivic.com for a while but its getting run down with rice. This site has more of a tuner feel to it .

Also here is whats in my D17A2/Y8

A D17A2 with a D17A1 Tranny
ACT Street lite Flywheel 11.9 lbs
Centerforce Stage II Clutch
HKS Turbo Manifold
Garrett T25/28ar side Turbo
Honed D16Y8 Intake manifold
RC 550cc Injectors
Return Fuel Line
Remote idle air sensor
D16Y8 TB
D16Y8 Fuel rail
AEM FPR
Crower Rods
Race Engineering Pistons
ARP Rod Bolts
3.25" Exhaust
Revo SS
AEM PP
No Cat
Custom Downpipe 2.5 inch
Turbo XS Boost Controller
Turbo XS Blow off valve
Front mount intercooler 24" x 12"
Greddy Emanage (with Igniton harness)
Accel inline pump
Tein Springs
Revo Camber kit
17" 6 Spoke with 205/40 R17 (Good old stock wheels for the winter)
JDM Grill
JDM Front and rear lips
Black interior Head lights
Air/fuel and Boost Guages
Battery box in trunk
W Washer resivor in trunk to make room for IC Pipeing

Pics are old (before afew things on the list) I will have some new pics soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Engine Bay.JPG (59.8 KB, 12580 views)
File Type: jpg Y8(2).jpg (66.6 KB, 10652 views)
File Type: jpg Pump and line(2).jpg (43.9 KB, 1284 views)
File Type: jpg Retun line(2).jpg (51.7 KB, 2534 views)
caorndorff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2004, 04:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Looks great, I often wondered about the intake mani swap. Nice job!

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2004, 04:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Love to see some work going on with that engine!!!

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2004, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

nice, how did you get the y8 mani on there, is it straight swap or some sanding and grinding required

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2004, 06:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom_junky
nice, how did you get the y8 mani on there, is it straight swap or some sanding and grinding required
Good point, maybe you can do a DIY so we can see how you did it!?

Old 12-16-2004, 06:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
DOG
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DOG

Yes. We need a write up for this. Looks very good.

DOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2004, 07:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

That is very clean..two thumbs up for you..!
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2004, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

There was a good amount of work to do it. I will try to make a DIY but it will take awhile.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

do it do it!!

Old 01-04-2005, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
dinglenuts

I'm pumped to see this. For two years I've owned my 7thgen, and I am DYING to get started with the project. Most times its discouraging with the total lack of support and interest, but the few, like you, who bring back the hope make it worth the frustration. I can't wait for the diy. Excellent work man.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

I see that you made the swap but how did you do it? Where is the DIY? Plus I would like to know how the car runs now after you switched all those parts. Any better? About the same??? Feel us in.
Sweet2K4EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2005, 07:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

thats tight dude

y8 manifold on a d17 ..... very original
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2005, 11:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

How the Fukk did you make that work.. That is some cool shit! Mad props for your work! I was on 7th Gen forever too because I have a 02 and just got tired of it because there wasnt shit for our cars or nothing, so I just started working on the olders civics because they are faster and alot cheaper to make faster the new Civ's .. Good luck w/ car.. I want more picss..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2005, 01:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

Sorry itís taking a long time but itís hard to round up all the part numbers and whatnot form everything. Here is an overview for now; the key things to make it work are 1. Port the top two bolt holes of the Manifold slightly. 2. You have to make a remote idle air control valve (if you look at the picture it is the thing with the two steel braded lines coming off of it). 3. Make a return fuel line 4. You have to change all the sensor wiring over to the d16 (except for the MAP). 5. Make larger MAP hole for the d17 MAP.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 tank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

that is the hottness, big ups mang
tank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Seems kinda complicated to do. But as long as it works. Still, how has the performance changed? Is it better or about the same? I want to know if it is worth the swap or not cause I have all the things needed to do the swap that you have.
Sweet2K4EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I will do it, but instead of building a remote idle valve, I will use a K24 (crv) throttle body (60mm). This throttle body have everything on it: MAP, idle valve, the purge valve (from the canister). It fit on the manifold, but you have to cut "holes" for the MAP and the idle valve, and you have to open the throttle hole a little because this throttle is bigger than the stock Y8. Also the k20 (62mm) throttle should fit; it is bigger than the K24.

I plann to install it with type-s K20 injectors and the stock fuel rail. Then reset the ECU and let it work with them.

P.S.
I have pictures but don't know how to attach them.

Last edited by gmcuajo; 07-08-2006 at 12:35 PM.
gmcuajo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Olhy bringing a topic back from the dead batman

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2006, 01:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al

A 7th gen that is fast without a K-swap is a pretty big accomplishment.

I had an '01 silver EM2 coupe for almost a year but traded it in for an EF..I wish I could have afforded both.

7th gens are the least bouncy, quietest & comfiest of Civic's I've been in besides the 2006+ models. Their interiors are awesome.

The day me & my bro picked her up, Fall 2000. Sold spring '03

What my brother & I shared 'till I rolled it..

R.I.P. DC4. Jan. 2006

Import Al's driveway, March '03.

The sole survivor, 1991 Civic STD, June '06.

Sorry, I still think about them.
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

It really hurts everytime I see that teggy The pant was in such good shape
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in