pony power question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2004, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
sohcD17

Default pony power question

i was wondering what is the best thing i can get 4 under 200$ that would make my 01 lx civic added horses
thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2004, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

can start with an intake for that much aem cai .....but i think there just a little more than 200

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2004, 07:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
sohcD17

ya i got an intake..the v2...that and pulleys...but im looking for cam gears...got any tips or ideas...thanks man

Old 12-11-2004, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

If you want quick power under 200...spray it...
and if its an auto even easier...
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2004, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
sohcD17

na..ima lil ify on sprayin....what else you guys think i should do..thanks for the tips
Old 12-13-2004, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

the AEM CAI, is about 170 shipped, look around, it's out there for that. another idea would be a vafc controller, have to find a used one for that. haven't done much research on this, but as an idea look for some piggy back systems for the ECU and see how they work with it to produce horsepower, you might find something that way (but be careful, lots of cheap gimmiks that are bullshit, and will screw you in the end)

start with this, and look around.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2004, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
sohcD17

whats the vafc do...and how much do u think the piggy back and the vafc would b thanks cusom junky...u been alot of help....
Old 12-14-2004, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

if you've got an lx then just get the safc2 no reason to get vafc if you dont have vtec, and for 200 you can easily get i/h off ebay. vafc lets you fine tune air/fuel ratio, and lets you change vetc chnageover points. For our years it seems like messing with vtec is a no no anyways.
Jspek_Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2004, 04:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

the vafc does exactly what jspek just said. and i was dumb and forgot you don't have vtec. so a safc is what you would need, if you want it. otherwise the piggy backs (and the safc, vafc, etc. are piggy backs), well they piggy back your ecu, and chenge the sensor parameters so that your ecu changes the air fuel ratio mainly. sometimes they will increase the red line as well. do some research on different kinds start with what jspek said, research the safc2, see if that is what you want...if so look for a good deal and get it.

jspek - i haven't heard about this no no buisness you speak of with the vafc for our years, what did i miss?

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2004, 08:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
sohcD17

so get a piggy back type system will help find power to the wheel...sounds great...is it hard install
Thanks guys
Old 12-15-2004, 09:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Its not hard, the hardest part is finding the right wires. I would suguest getting a Haynes/Helms manuel for your car and learn how to read the wiring section.

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
sohcD17

alright...any others i might need for this...or anything that will help hp grow under 200
Old 12-28-2004, 08:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom_junky
the vafc does exactly what jspek just said. and i was dumb and forgot you don't have vtec. so a safc is what you would need, if you want it. otherwise the piggy backs (and the safc, vafc, etc. are piggy backs), well they piggy back your ecu, and chenge the sensor parameters so that your ecu changes the air fuel ratio mainly. sometimes they will increase the red line as well. do some research on different kinds start with what jspek said, research the safc2, see if that is what you want...if so look for a good deal and get it.

jspek - i haven't heard about this no no buisness you speak of with the vafc for our years, what did i miss?
Lot of the peeps over on 7thgen that have dyno'd there cars with the vafc2 have found that you get the best results with the vtec set at stock settings, I dont remember the actual reason but its works for me.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

wiring shouldnt be to hard, took me a little under 2 hours to to wire mine up and get it organized.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

just start with an intake. relatively easy mod to do and adds a little bit of power.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in