What can i do for my 01 civic lx to get up 2 speed - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2004, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
sohcD17

Default What can i do for my 01 civic lx to get up 2 speed

i got a 01 civic. its a 1.7L ....i jus bought pulleys and waiting to put them in...my main question is what i should do about cam gears..i was looking at aem, skunk2 cam gears but really dont know what to buy...also what is the differance between 5bolt cam gears and 4 bolts..thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2004, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

I didn't know there was a 4 bolt cam gear, but the difference between the 3 and 5 is just how well it holds. 5 Bolts have less of a chance of slipping.

How much faster do you want her? How much money are you looking to spend? What are your goals for the car?

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2004, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
sohcD17

ya the 4bolt was a typo i ment 5..sorry...im im guessing that the 5 bolt is better for non slipping...

i would like to keep my civic all motor..but im looking at turbos as well...but i dont have all that much money...maybe 2-500 at the most...

my friend had also told me about getting a vtec head from a 01 si or jus look for any vtec head...you think you can help...thanks

Old 12-13-2004, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

the only VTEC head that will fit is the the EX, the new SI's use the k20 motor. and the older heads do not fit (i think).

As for the cam gear, go with AEM they use to make 3 bolt patter cam gears, but they progressed to 5 bolt pattern, thank god.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2004, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

have u bought i/h/e yet?
russianwonder32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2004, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
sohcD17

nope...whats ihe ?? sorry im not the brightest
thanks for the info guys
Old 12-15-2004, 04:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!

I=Intake
H=Headers
E=Exhaust

Old 12-15-2004, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
sohcD17

i got the intake and the exhaust...witch is the best header for r car....i no of only 1..the dc 421
Old 12-16-2004, 06:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

If you plan to do a turbo, don't waste your money on a header!

Old 12-16-2004, 08:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie

if you go sc or na, check out rage headers, they got some good shit.

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 12-16-2004, 08:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom_junky
if you go sc or na, check out rage headers, they got some good shit.
They make headers for the 7th gen civic?

Old 12-16-2004, 08:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

they are doing some research right now, but i would suspect that the d17 is next in line for their header

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 12-16-2004, 08:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Premium Member

nice, I like to see things develop for the D17. If we can only get some pistons and rods made for this thing shelf stocked!

Old 12-16-2004, 12:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
sohcD17

alright...whats the site on those
Old 12-17-2004, 06:28 AM   #15 (permalink)

for info about the rage headers go here:
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11909

they are an offical sponser for this website. got some good stuff too.

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 12-17-2004, 12:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
sohcD17

cool deal thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
pitchblacktyper

you can either swap in a k, or you can drive it off a cliff and shoot it with a radar gun.. bout the fastest acceleration you're gonna see. j/k. i like the new civics, i just hate the motors...
Old 01-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

i like the new motors, run mine to hell and back, and it still asks for more. also it's only 3-4 years old, the D16 was 6+ years old before things really started to take off for it (mods that is). the companies are not willing to put the time into research and development yet because the market isn't big enough yet, give a couple more years, and bam.

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 01-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchblacktyper
you can either swap in a k, or you can drive it off a cliff and shoot it with a radar gun.. bout the fastest acceleration you're gonna see. j/k. i like the new civics, i just hate the motors...
Actually our motors arent all that bad. If we could get a compnay to r&d a ems for us we would be fine. Hondata has ditched us but I believe aem is still working on one for us.
Jspek_Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2005, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

AEM has one...but it's about 2000 dollars...not to mention getting the laptop to use for it

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in