Brake lights not working ::HELP:: - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Brake lights not working ::HELP::

i have a 2001 civic LX 5-speed coupe. brake light are not working. running(park) lights are all working but i tap the brake no lights. changed the brake switch still no lights. anyone care to give some assistance? how about a wiring diagram for the brake lights?
Nystyle91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Did you change the bulbs? Are you getting +12V to the socket when you push the brake?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

no bulb check. i dont think both (Driv/Pass) and 3rd brake light bulbs would all go out at the same time. and you say to the socket you me the brake switch or something else i dont really know where to test for voltage

Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!

Pull a bulb, have someone hit and hold the brake pedal and stick a test light or multimeter probe in the socket.

|
|
|
Old 02-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 ar151666 is learning the way of the Dar151666 is learning the way of the D

Maybe one of the wires got snipped or cut? IDK how that would happen though...
Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

a wire snipped or cut during driving though. doubt it. @speedfoos i got 00.84V coming to the brake light socket..pretty much nothing but im guessing bad ground im probably going to have to buy the manual to see the wiring diagram for the brakes i cant find it online. i see the brake switch wiring goes somewhere under the dash...im seriously trying to avoid pulling the dash but if it comes to it i will anymore ideas?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

also forgot to mnention my horn isnt working changed the 15AMP fuse and it blew again and just gave up there. not sure if those two have anything to do with each other
Old 02-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Any damage to the car? Like around the fenders? There are a couple big nests of grounds on the frame rails right behind the front fenders. That could be a cause of your problem. Also check the grounds in the rear quarters behind the trunk carpet.

|
|
|
Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

no damage but i have a loose box with 12" subs that bounce around in the trunk im gonna oukk it out and see if any thing is fishy looking back there
Old 02-13-2011, 03:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystyle91 View Post
also forgot to mnention my horn isnt working changed the 15AMP fuse and it blew again and just gave up there. not sure if those two have anything to do with each other
They do!.....i guess ur car's a manual? if it was matic then u'd have prob takin it out park.... i have a 04 civic (auto) and this is what happened one night: i got in the car start it, hit the brakes to take it outta park but the button that u'd press to take it outta park wouldnt press...its like my foot wasnt on the brake.....i switched off the car start again but its like i wasnt hittin the brake cuz not even the brake light came on when i hit the brake....long story short, i managed to get it outta park n took it to a gas station but while on the way some asshole wasnt payin attention to the stoplight n i tried to blow him but no horn...i was like wtf???.....anyways when i reached the gas station i started to check the fuses and found that there's one fuse that was blown...i replaced it and the brake light and horn started workin again......so i'm pretty dam sure if u replace that fuse to a 20amp u'll be jus fine...good luck!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in