Can anyone answer these questions. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
CRX KING

slebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slebidia
Default Can anyone answer these questions.

So lets get some more info on the D17 going. I see that the rods turned out to be 137mm. What's the compression height on the pistons then? Anyone have a pic of a D17 headgasket? I'm wondering about backwards compatibility. Could I put a spare Y8 or A6 head on this thing? Wil it bolt up to an EF tranny? What's the driver side mount look like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
slebidia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2004, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

as for the pistons, it all depends on which civic you have, i believe that there are three different types, there are dish, flat, and dome pistons. i do not think that the y8 or a6 head gasket will fit, i think that the bore is bigger. i don't know much about the ef tranny. the heads are NOT interchangable...two different set ups. anyone else?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2005, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
dinglenuts

from what I've heard, the d17 is completely different from previous d series, the only older generation peice I've seen brought up is the y8 manifold, and the only other compatable product I've heard of is the d16 arp head studs. I think they were also from the y8, but not 100%
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Ya they are completely different compared to old d's, you cant interchange much besides the clutch and flywheel those are the same..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
CRX KING

slebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcano

Look a few posts down. I'm tired of the misinformation on this motor. I'm doing my own research.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
jacky599r

Talking

ok. im from singapore.. i got the d16w7 but d17a2 is still available here. alright. im also very interested in the y8 intake mani swap..looks damn sweet. and ive read in this hong kong mag...it says they can swap a old version d16 engine head and a d17 block which makes it a 1.7 old d16 kinda thing.. and they bore it out to 90mm and with high CR and high cams, 200hp is a no prob..that is some hope....what u guys think?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2005, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
CRX KING

90mm huh?

Old 01-06-2005, 06:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 vtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I think I would like to see a dseries bored to 90mm using stock block and head castings. I dont think the stock bore spacing wouldn't allow four 90mm cylinders side by side...I dont' believe it. Sounds like you heard this from that guy that talked out of Ace Ventura's ass.
vtecnitrocrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2005, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slebidia
Look a few posts down. I'm tired of the misinformation on this motor. I'm doing my own research.
if you do your own research please make sure to post your findings

the 7th gen people would be very grateful, im sure

and if they arent, we'll pour hot motor oil on them
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2005, 04:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

hey now...be nice to us...please?

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2005, 07:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
CRX KING

I've shared what I know so far. I'm sure there's more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biz4ges
if you do your own research please make sure to post your findings

the 7th gen people would be very grateful, im sure

and if they arent, we'll pour hot motor oil on them

Old 01-28-2005, 01:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
DOG

Rep Power: 19 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DOG

How's the project going slebidia?

DOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2005, 01:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
CRX KING

engine is basicly assembled. Just waiting on some decent weather so I know I can take it down for awhile while I work out the bugs. This car will be going from an auto DX to a manual hybrid D. It's going to be down for at least 2 days most likely.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
DOG

Rep Power: 19 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness

Have any pics of it yet?

Old 01-31-2005, 12:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
CRX KING

Actually I haven't taken any pics of this thing at all. I did run into another problem. D17 oil pump on an A6 block with an A6 rear main. Guess what oilpan and pickup fits. None..... So more custome ghetto shit coming up. I should have used a Y8 or Y7 block to start with.

Old 01-31-2005, 01:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
DOG

Did you try a y7 oil pan? Just a thought. Well atleast we will find out what works and what doesn't. I am waiting to start on my new D15 project. Got the 01-03 GX pistons and now I need to buy some rods. I would like to use Eagle rods. The VX rods look a little thin to me, not to mention the price of new ones compared to the price of a new set of Eagle rods. My only real question is the pin size.

Old 01-31-2005, 02:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
CRX KING

D17, Y7 and Y8 pan all use the curved rear main seal where the pan intersects the rise for the crank. Z6 and older all have the sharp corners. I think I can modify the A6 pan gasket and remove one of the studs from the oilpump to make it work.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
CRX KING

Looks like I might be able to use the D17 pan after all. I'll have to modify the A6 gasket a little but I think it will seal. I might be selling the car it was intended for though. Maybe I'll throw it in the CRX instead.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

good luck, keep us updated.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:54 AM   #20 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

whats the deal with the crank pulley when using the d17 crank in a d16?
d16a6crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in