tail light removal & install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default tail light removal & install

i know this should be in general tech but since its a 7th gen i figure i will get the best help in here...

my dd is a 2001 civic 4dr ex, and i just picked up a set of minty 2005 sedan tail lights for a bit of a newer look to the rear end.

i got the truck ones in just fine but the ones in the rear quarter wont budge. i got the 3 bolts from the inside and by looking at the new ones i noticed a screw that goes in from the bottom, i got that out......and they still wont come out. it looks like it has 2 prongs on the bottom that slide into a bracket of some sort, do i really need to pull the rear bumper to do this?

thanks in advance guys

How to hook up turbo coolant lines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BUILD THREAD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

no, bumper does not need to come off. suction and sticking from the weather seal will create a tight fit. take a hammer and softly tap it from the back on the bolt heads to break the seal. and i do believe that only 3 hex nuts hold this thing on from the back...
jbb037 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

I got them loose, I tried tapping them out...to no avail.....there is a screw that comes up from the bottom that is a pain to get to but on either side of the screw there is inch lone tab things that go strait down into the same area that the tail light was screwd into.

The problem is if those go strait down I cannot pull the lights strait out because they catch, I cannot lift the tabs out of there holes because of the threaded rods coming out the back of the lights.....it really seems that the bumper has to come off or there is a trick to it that I coulnt figure out

BUILD THREAD

Old 10-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Figured out the trick....

Remove the bumper

Really easy..well I didn't completly remove it, two screws in each rear fender well and two 10mm bolts right inside of the trunk seal area down by the bottom of the tail lights coverd by black rubber plugs.....took a total of 2min tops...

Whole install time maybe 20-30min

BUILD THREAD

Old 10-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

ahhhh...well, im glad you figured it out. I was partially incorrect on my statement as i missed that you posted your car as a 4 door which gives you different taillights, as mine is a 2 door. But the lights look great. good job
jbb037 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

those tail lights look a lot better. i also like the depo tails or whatever they sell on ebay where the bottom of the outside lenses are clear as well
jamis33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in