d17 Lx Turbo - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2004, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
varner88

Default d17 Lx Turbo

Anybody think this is a ok turbo or decent for the d17?? http://www.impossible-performance.cwc.net/hp_fame.htm
also anyone have the standford website tsi or anyothers?

also looking for 01+ex head 01+ex tranny 01+mastercyl. so i can do auto to manual conversion
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2004, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
varner88

new idea can any one help me out i want a cheap but reliable turbo so i thought about even peicing my own so here are my questions

what turbo would be nice to run on a stock lx motor with ex vtec head?
do they make intercooler and pipes for the d17?
can sumone please help me peice a kit together becuase i am new to this and would really like the learn about the d17 motor?
what exactly do i need?

Thanks so much this forum has been such great help im glad i found it and happy to be a new memeber
Chris.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

you could go turbo kit here, look into the greedy, or do search for one. i know that greddy has a decent one for the d17. i know that someone on here has or use to have a turbo d17.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2004, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to freeturkeys

read the sticky posts in the forced induction sections of here, homemadeturbo.com and 7thgencivic.com and that will give you a good idea on what parts you need for turbo. a good site for inexpensive turbos is atpturbo.com.. check out the garret gt28r for 775 bucks... good luck on your quest!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

the only part you need for your d17 specifically is the turbo manifold. Everything else can be whatever you want (as long as the turbo has the right flange for your manifold). You don't need to buy charge pipes "for a d17". Just take a look at your engine bay and mentally map it out, buy a bunch of different length pipes with different bends and puzzle it together.

Above all, read the turbo noob sticky in the FI forum! It's super useful! I'm using it, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Yes turbo stickys are good..
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2005, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al

The best 7th gen D17 turbo kit for your money-->http://www.dezodmotorsports.com/pd_d...otorsports.cfm
You can choose between a Garrett VB35 Hi-Fi Turbo w/ .48 A/R (T3/T04E turbo) or a T3 Super 60. It is praised more highly than the SF kit and is more complete. You can choose your fuel management or go w/Greddy e-manage. All this for $3,299
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2005, 05:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

^^
thats a hell of a good deal for you 17 type guys..
Rep for you..!!
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

dezod turbo will probably be the best kit out for the d17 but if you want everything with there kit it will run you about 5 grand, that includes boost controller, return fuel line conversion, emanage, and other stuff.
Jspek_Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
bradmanuwf

I'm running a max-rev kit. www.maxrev.com all polished and stuff. not too good for fuel management though. I need to get an emanage so I can retard the timing. I'm also going to do a y8 IM conversion and convert to a return fuel system. I'm happy with it though, T3-T04E and it spools at about 2700 rpms, and its pretty to look at cause of the polishing....all nice and shinny.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
mr.sleepy

what size are stock injeckors?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 mongose99 is learning the way of the Dmongose99 is learning the way of the D

Im going to go ahead and assume that the injectors for the d17 are the same as the rest of hondas injectors. Which is 240cc.
mongose99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2005, 11:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
jdmrevv

oohh shinnies
Old 05-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

if your still looking for the 01+ EX head, i have one. $150 + shipping.
d16a6crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2005, 01:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Crap. I got ripped off. They spanked me w/$275 for my 02 vtec head. The part store said it was b cause they no longer dealt w/ their usual parts dealer and it had 2 B shipped from NY to MI.
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2005, 02:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
02lx

you do not need to go for a big turbo. Our cars are small and light, and I would assume that you are looking for power right off the bat. I would look into T25, or T25BB turbo they spool very quickly, and so you do not have to wait until you are well on the highway to get some good spools out of it.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
jdmrevv

there is no such thing as a cheap good/reliable turbo system for hondas or any other car for that matter you ebay shoppers.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
02lx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmrevv
there is no such thing as a cheap good/reliable turbo system for hondas or any other car for that matter you ebay shoppers.
The main flaw with the D17 motor is the returnless fuel system, I agree that these engines are not the strongest in the world, but you can give them a little push with the right now. I say again, with the right knowledge.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

so i dont know much about engines yet, i got a '92 civic sedan and i plan to do an engine swap after i bought some little things here and there like type r shifter and skunk2 coilovers and Apexi N1 exhaust and i was thinkin about swappin a D17 into it. ive heard good and bad news about that engine since its a Vtec-E. what kind of tranny would be best for that and what if i changed the head to like a Z6? I plan to turbo it too if i get it and just wonderin if i got a turbo would i have to construct my own piping and shit like that to make everything fit? my buddy said a possibility might be just usin like a D16 turbo but he said not to hold it to him. can anyone fill me in?
Perkalurk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

gah i wanna turbo my lx soooo bad
rushbuster70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in