2004 Civic D15B engine - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 2004 Civic D15B engine

i'll say it again speedfoos and all who dont think i know what i am talking about. I know the usdm 7th gen civic has a d17 but mine is jdm and it has a d15b engine in it here is a pic
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
is this the same as the older d15b engine?
Maro is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

I jus wanna know if it uses the same internal parts. Mine doesnt use a distributor it uses a coil pack
Old 08-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

I can tell from appearances it is a D17

The block has a code on it, between the tranny, and the exhaust

The few things I saw?

-upper water hose location
-ignition
-valvecover
oil dipstick

You should take a picture of the block code if you wanna keep trying to make us believe its a 1.5

Id like to be proven wrong, But Im pretty sure japan didnt had any civic 1.5s after 2000

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 mdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
I can tell from appearances it is a D17

The block has a code on it, between the tranny, and the exhaust

The few things I saw?

-upper water hose location
-ignition
-valvecover
oil dipstick

You should take a picture of the block code if you wanna keep trying to make us believe its a 1.5

Id like to be proven wrong, But Im pretty sure japan didnt had any civic 1.5s after 2000

x2

"When Congress passes new emission standards, we hire 50 more engineers and GM hires 50 more lawyers." Quote by Soichiro Honda
mdog244 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Same internal parts as a D17 and completely different than any D15 - JDM or USDM - motor out there.

Regardless of your engine code, you still don't know what you're talking about. I figured that out even before you started posting about your engine code.

Not to sound like a complete ass, but is English your primary language? If not, that would explain a lot.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 syst3mcr4sh3r  is slowly gaining respectsyst3mcr4sh3r  is slowly gaining respectsyst3mcr4sh3r  is slowly gaining respectsyst3mcr4sh3r  is slowly gaining respectsyst3mcr4sh3r  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via MSN to syst3mcr4sh3r Send a message via Skype™ to syst3mcr4sh3r

I'll have to agree with all of the above, that doesn't look like a D15 at all..I googled both engines just to make sure I had the right picture in my head and yeah..that looks like a D17 to me.

But yeah, we aren't saying you are an idiot or calling you a liar, just being skeptical. Put up a picture of the engine code, that's pretty easy since you are taking pictures of the motor anyway.

syst3mcr4sh3r is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Haven't found a 1.5L yet, but did find a 1.4L

Honda Civic 1.4i S Specifications

Production started in: 2003
Production stoped: 2005
make honda
model civic
version 1.4i s
Topspeed: 175 km/h
Transmission 5 speed, manual
CO2 emissions: 153 g/km
Engine capacity: 1396 cm3
Engine Power: 66 kW (90 hp); 5600 rpm
Cylindres:4, in line
Valves/cylinder: 4
Valve Operation: ohc
Fuel: petrol
City fuel consumption: 8,3 l/100km; (1 op 12,0)
Highway fuel consumption: 5,4 l/100km; (1 op 18,5)
Combined fuel consumption: 6,4 l/100km; (1 op 15,6)
Tires: 185/70R14
Alloy Rims: N/A
Automatically turn on lights: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 06:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

I know where the engine code is when i get back my cam i will take a pic. It says d15b then underneath that it has the engine number. On the registration for the vehicle it 1490cc.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
Same internal parts as a D17 and completely different than any D15 - JDM or USDM - motor out there.

Regardless of your engine code, you still don't know what you're talking about. I figured that out even before you started posting about your engine code.

Not to sound like a complete ass, but is English your primary language? If not, that would explain a lot.
Yes I dont know much about engines or racing. Thats why i am here to learn. U always throwing insults which are uncalled for. If you have nothing constructive to say jus shut up.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro View Post
If you have nothing constructive to say jus shut up.
You should probably take your own advice....

Aragorn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
You should probably take your own advice....
i dont do the argument think over the internet so. Y i cant get some constructive opinions and not jackasses like yourself and ur boyfriend. Anyways thanks for all who tried to help. I am discouraged I will jus go research more or jus buy a d17. Moderator please lock this thread
Old 08-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

If that truely is a d15b, was it swapped in? or is that supposed to be the original motor?

Build thread and FS Thread soon to come

Should you buy a kit or piece one together???--->

98dxNooby is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
i dont do the argument think over the internet so. Y i cant get some constructive opinions and not jackasses like yourself and ur boyfriend. Anyways thanks for all who tried to help. I am discouraged I will jus go research more or jus buy a d17. Moderator please lock this thread
So for you don't argue, you name call and come off as a jerk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
And FWIW, this is possibly the most constructive bit of advice in this thread. And no where in his post did I see an insult.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!

Last edited by awebb; 08-13-2010 at 07:33 AM.
awebb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

it wasnt a swap i purchased the car from a car lot jus like that
it is a honda ferio i went on this site and saw the specs but cant understand the language
HONDA CIVIC FERIO
Old 08-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

Honda Civic Ferio 1.5 B (09.2000 - 09.2001)
That has a better spec on the engine. imma compare it to the older d15b
Old 08-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

that says 2001

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
And FWIW, this is possibly the most constructive bit of advice in this thread. And no where in his post did I see an insult.
Naw, i insulted him and called him a dumbass in other threads after I tried to help him with his tranny questions.

I still think you, OP, are a moron. But that's just my opinion.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Ya but you hadn't insulted him in this thread.

Yet...

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 Infamous909 is da #1 stunnaInfamous909 is da #1 stunnaInfamous909 is da #1 stunnaInfamous909 is da #1 stunnaInfamous909 is da #1 stunnaInfamous909 is da #1 stunnaInfamous909 is da #1 stunna

Quote:
Honda Civic Ferio 1.5 B (09.2000 - 09.2001)
That has a better spec on the engine. imma compare it to the older d15b
YOUR thread says YOUR car is a 2004 this is for 2000-2001.. BIG difference fro-lock

Just take a pic of your engine code and be done with it
Old 08-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #20 (permalink)

Jus like in the us u have civic em in japan they hav civic es the civic es2 has the d17 . Although I have a 2004, the chassis is a es1 hence the d15b.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in