Looking to swap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Looking to swap

Hey everyone. I'm completely new to this site, and have a few questions.
I have 05 honda civic, was a reverb, but i completely changed the body to custom kit, she's dropped 1.4 inches sitting on 18 inch konig 's . The car came with single overhead cam 1.7, and now i want to give her a little go. i have access now to a 1.6 vtec d series motor fully built & turbo and wondering if this can be swapped into my car. i have been trying to research this but havnt had much luck. Any help would be awsome!!!!
adam05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

meh i dont think so man

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

so its not possible? or you saying its just a lot of playing around? i dont mind spending the money and messing around if it is possible, this motor is putting 310 to the wheels dyno and i would love to have it in my car
adam05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

From what i hear about these kinda swaps is it is not worth it, too much money and too much hassle.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 05:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Ya, Staypuff's right. The turbo D16 is most likely a motor that won't be a direct drop in for your car and no one makes swap kits for them. This leaves you with a bunch of odd-ball wiring to do and figure out on your own. Just not worth it.

If you really wanna get more power, I'd recommend swapping to an earlier platform. They're much easier and cheaper to modify.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Revikan will become famous soon enoughRevikan will become famous soon enoughRevikan will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Best bet is to just turbo your current motor, wont make as much power, but a lot easier and cheaper.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

K-swap that biatch!

Straight drop-in procedure. You can find K20A'3 complete and cheap for around 1'g.
Easy upgrade with a'lot more potential, not to mention way better then your beat up 1.7l.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 35 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MacK View Post
K-swap that biatch!

Straight drop-in procedure. You can find K20A'3 complete and cheap for around 1'g.
Easy upgrade with a'lot more potential, not to mention way better then your beat up 1.7l.
This.

Hey T, you think a k24a2 would fit in the 7th gen civics? They do in the EP3's, and are a ton of fun.

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00ker View Post

Hey T, you think a k24a2 would fit in the 7th gen civics? They do in the EP3's, and are a ton of fun.
If they fit in EP's they will fit in the 7th gen........Its a tight fit but it will go in.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in