Few questions on my sedan - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default Few questions on my sedan

so weird question....

i have a 2001 honda civic lx 4 dr

it has from factory:

15" steelies w/ hubcaps
vtec motor
power moonroof
power doors/ locks/ mirrors
factory cd player
anti lock brakes

arent those all ex options...and more importantly arent those pretty much the only differences between the ex and lx

correct me if im wrong but the lx came with:

14" steelies w/ hubcaps
non-vtec motor
no moonroof(im sure it was a factory option though)
cassette deck
power doors/ locks

clip from a civic review from edmunds.com....link- 2001 Honda Civic Review and Specs

base models are known as DX, and include a tilt steering wheel and an AM/FM four-speaker stereo, among other items. Mid-level LX comes with air conditioning (includes a micron air filter), power windows and locks, cruise control and a cassette deck. Top-of-the-line EX receives antilock brakes, a moonroof, 15-inch wheels, a CD player and a more powerful VTEC engine.

am i crazy or is my lx basically a ex minus alloy rims

How to hook up turbo coolant lines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BUILD THREAD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2010, 05:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Are you sure some one didn't mis-badge it.

I can't for the life of me figure out why but a dealership may have!

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Sounds like a mis-badge, the vtec was an ex option only. Are you the only owner? If not someone could have replaced the ex badge, someone may have stolen it?

Last edited by ryanl; 05-01-2010 at 06:59 AM.
ryanl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 07:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 hicomp.d15 is learning the way of the Dhicomp.d15 is learning the way of the D
Send a message via Yahoo to hicomp.d15

what does the title say?
hicomp.d15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 07:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 T-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

this should tell you basic info off the vin works for me. Free VIN Decoder - Vehicle Identification Number Report

also should be on the tittle but if the previouse owner didnt know it was an ex he could've told the dmv it was a dx and it was entered incorectly. my 89 civic was listed as a EX auto on the tittle. but its a DX manual....

feel free to let me know what you think.
T-rilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicomp.d15 View Post
what does the title say?
I don't know about other states,
but in Michigan, the title only says "Honda Civic" or "Honda 2 door"..
shit like that. Mine just says Honda Civic...and it's a '93 Del Sol..

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

yeah it says like 01 honda or 01 honda civic doesn't tell you a trim level....

i am the second owner and the car is acctually not badged....

the used car dealership i bought it from had it labeled lx, when i got insurance on it i didn't tell them a trim level and when i called them back later after realizing i forgot (didn't want the added cost or ex or si) they said that the vin number pulled up as a lx

now its slow as balls, prolly cuz its a slushbox....i got my hatch for spirited driving, i wanted a auto/cruise/ moon roof/ power everything/ ac/ sedan/ civic that was my NEED list when i was shopping around. i wonder why its so slow, could the slushbox really be that bad, i mean its way slower than my hatch was w/ a stock d15b7...i did check it has a v-tec selonoid so it is vtec not just the vtec plastic cover???? hmmmm

BUILD THREAD

Old 05-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Check the block, does is say D17A2 or D17A1? The A2 is vtec 127hp and the A1 in non-vtec 117 hp.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

so the block says d17a2

heres the kicker.....vin on the motor dont match the dash

so it was swapped in im guessing.......which worries me one of the reasons i was happy with the purchase is that carfax had reported all scheduled maintanances through honda dealership till like 98k and i bought it with 115k.....so basically i have no idea were this motor is at now ....50k or 350k? who knows

BUILD THREAD

Old 05-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

That is weird, if it is a swap I would be wondering if the vtec is even working? It may not be wired up,sounds like a headache to try and figure it all out!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

What does the VIN on the dash say? (Assuming car came from Alliston, Ontario plant)

If it's an LX it should start with
2HGES1

If it's an EX it should start with
2HGES2

Last edited by wikkaco0; 05-02-2010 at 11:00 PM.
wikkaco0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

the vin is

1HGES26741L076404

don't know which plant it was made at. door tag says manufactured at honda of america....but the car was in a crash before i got it, i could tell the core support was not factory welded, but everything lines up perfect, paint matches perfect ...whoever did it, did a great job

unless it was in a bad enough wreck they had a donor car which was an ex and swapped dash/ motor/ ect...i don't know

BUILD THREAD

Old 05-03-2010, 04:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 T-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

that VIN pulls an EX. vin reader

feel free to let me know what you think.
T-rilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

hmmmmm i looked at my ins. and the vin doesn't match my motor or my dash ???!?!?!?

so i'm thinking the accident was pretty bad .... car drives strait, runs good, it has a clear title....what the hell.....i opened one hell of a can of worms here

BUILD THREAD

Old 05-11-2010, 03:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

well somewhat good news....i have no idea where the ins. company came up with the vin number they put down on my ins. card.......but they had it wrong......i checked my title/reg/ ect... and its all matches the dash....so i have an unknown engine which worries me, i hope its a good one, but i the plus side i got a free vtec swap.....lol

BUILD THREAD

Old 05-11-2010, 07:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Check the ECU code.
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

1HG ES2 6 7 4 1 L 076404

1HG = Honda of America manufacturing
ES2 = Civic D17A2
6 = Four door sedan with four speed automatic transmission
7 = EX model
4 = Fixed code or Check digit
1 = Model year 2001
L = East Liberty, Ohio production plant
076404 = Your car's serial number

You have an EX. That D17A2 is supposed to be in there!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
am i crazy or is my lx basically a ex minus alloy rims
i have an ex and my car didn't come with alloy rims sounds like the person u bought it from mistaked it for an lx
BlackEXCivic01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in