?s about alignment - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ?s about alignment

*n00b Warning*

Hey guys, ive got a stock 05 ES2 w/ 45k miles on it. i just got new rubber, potenza r960 poles, and the alignment is now off. it pulls to the right with highway driving and even worse w/ the tq of accel.

the shop i got the tires from has adjusted it twice, at no charge, and will again if i take it back. but im reluctant to because they havent got it right TWICE.

are the guys at the shop just plain stupid? or could there be something else wrong? i didnt have alignment issues before the new tires, and i want to prevent premature tire wear, so is there any input on possible problems?

thanks in advance!

ps the car has not been wrecked or hit any curbs.
krunkd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 T-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

are the specs ok? did you get a print out?

you say it pulls on the highway. is this slight pull? could it be just the road crown? try driving at higher speeds on a good flat surface and see if its the same. Here in utah we have pretty crowned roads for snow melt/heavy rains... and its somewhat normal to have a slight drift on the highway due to the road crown...

it could be a tire pull and the alingment is good. you can test this by either putting a diffrent wheel/tire combo on the car and driving it. or by rotating the tires. if you swap left to right in the front and it pulls the other way its the tires. if nothing changes its the alingment. i have seen new tires cause a pull, but its unlikely. if you do rotate them and it pulls the other way to aliminate hte pull put the tire in the back. (but would try to ge them to replace the bad one since there new) thats IF it is a tire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
feel free to let me know what you think.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T-rilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2010, 07:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

thanks for the reply. the specs are good according to the printout, and its not just the road crown even tho it is a slight pull. ill try to rotate this afternoon, unfortunately tho, they are directional so im not sure if this will be a prob. ill let you know.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 T-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to all

you can still do front to back and if its gone its mostlikely the passengers front. again if it is a tire pull...

Old 04-18-2010, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

back from a cruise down 441 with the fronts switched, and guess what...it pulls to the right...guess ill head back to the shop, let them do the same thing and get a new tire.

oh and btw, the guys at the shop are dumbasses, found one of the lugs loose, fukers!

thanks for the help!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 del_sol_93 is learning the way of the Ddel_sol_93 is learning the way of the D

hey when u get new tires is good to have done the alignment because of the wear out of the tires, but anyways i think if the guys done the alignment right the car shouldn't be pulling you to any direction, if the car does maybe they didn't do it and they are playing games... and hey if you found one of the lug nuts loose you should put law charges on them.

hey did you check in the print out if your caster or camber where good or is just the toe that looks good on it, because caster and comber can give you those little problems too... you should post a pic of the print out so i can help you much better cuz i do work in tire place and i do alignments too

another thing have u ever had and accident with the car such as hitting the curb hard or pothole ??? or a slightly hit .......
did they check if your outer or inner tie rods where ok???
and if your tires are directional is not a pulling problem,....

Last edited by del_sol_93; 05-03-2010 at 05:13 PM.
del_sol_93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Send a message via AIM to 95civicjr

I work in the industry it sounds like alignment, possibly radial pull, and there are other potentials. like stated before how did the caster and camber angles look?
If everything showed green, rotates/adjusted tires/tire psi did not fix the problem, I would go to another shop to get the alignment checked just to verify that the alignment is in.
Let us know what you find...........
Hondata Intake Manifold gasket
Chipped ECU Tuned w/ crome
Bilstein Struts, Tein Coils, Eibach F&R Bars
Integra F&Rear Disc Conversion
2.5' Header Back
95civicjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by del_sol_93 View Post
and hey if you found one of the lug nuts loose you should put law charges on them.
if your a total asshole...

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen50 View Post
if your a total asshole...
and after stating you found it, and then rotated your tires, drove it and then wanted to press charges....

sorry, but you touched your vehicle, AKA tampered with evidence and lost your own case. good luck. your theory is flawed. no evidence, no prof = waste of your own time without being able to prove your (interpretation of loose).... if this was possible no auto repair place could afford to be open after fraudulent claims.

OP- hope your car drives straight, now and it all worked out..

Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

mines did the same thing AFTER I got the alignment. It may be my tires though the muth_____! are balder than Homer Simpsons head...lol

gebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

i would take it elsewhere. sounds like they dont know what they are doing
greenmachine93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #12 (permalink)

May wanna see if you can find a alignment shop that will not just do your tire allignment but also check your frame. you may not have been in an accident but thats not to say THEY havent. found out my frame is slightly tweeked and thats what causes my slight pull to the right. its gunna cost about 150 to get it pulled back to par. would rather spend 150 pullin it to par then another set of tires in 6 months.
weaverofthemind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

You rotated your tires and the pull changed right?

Boom bad tire. Happens quite often really, Had an issue like this the other day on an A6 at my shop.

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Did you check tire pressure, a low tire can casue a pull as well. There alignment machine could be out of whack as well.
j182j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

Honda tuning mag this month had a DIY for alignment
BlackEXCivic01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 DemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

You drive a D series. Your car will always pull to the right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
alignment, es2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in