d17a2...200 whp with $1500??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d17a2...200 whp with $1500???

I wanna know if u can get 200 whp out of a d17a2 with only $1500 bucks????( start out stock)
lgnrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 WangLung will become famous soon enoughWangLung will become famous soon enoughWangLung will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

bewst?

The_Acid_Beaver on electrical work.
WangLung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 civicek36 will become famous soon enoughcivicek36 will become famous soon enoughcivicek36 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

turbo kit and tune maybe... try searching a bit.
civicek36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

ya but turbo kit is like 3500 and im only lookin to spend 1500 thats a big difference...im pretty much looking for advice on the most power for my buck.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

nitrous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
nitrous
ya what shot is safe for d17a2 stock internals
Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all

no

you need kpro or something to tune, none which are cheap

only bet would be nitrous but prob wont last very long lol
Old 02-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
No Tune No Life!

Rep Power: 18 Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drag4life723

I would say a 75 shot of nitrous would do the trick and shit a 75 shot would be hard to hurt that engine.
D16Z6 12.5:1cr [email protected] NA [email protected] 55shot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Drag4life723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag4life723 View Post
I would say a 75 shot of nitrous would do the trick and shit a 75 shot would be hard to hurt that engine.
r u serious a 75 shot on stock everything???? that sounds like trouble...the only thing i would do with the nitrous is an intake and spark plugs+wires...mabey injectors...anything else i need???/
Old 02-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Nope. Plenty of folks running a 75-shot on stock everything. Get a Crower Stage 1 cam, nawz kit and have fun. No tuning required.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

that shot sound pretty nice

i recomendo you:

Cai
header
catback 2.5
clutch ACT stage 3 with fidanza flywheel
and 75 shot NOS

and you be aviable to punch those 200hp

good luck with keep me on touch with those 1500 bucks!
D17a2cancun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnrogers View Post
I wanna know if u can get 200 whp out of a d17a2 with only $1500 bucks????( start out stock)
Not to be a dick but if you can't afford to make it quick it may be hard to come up with cash when it breaks.

I'd buy a spare bottom end before doing anything.

christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 BLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

You can peice together a turbo kit for less than a thousand dollars. just need to research it more.
BLACK-KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK-KNIGHT View Post
You can peice together a turbo kit for less than a thousand dollars. just need to research it more.
yes but fuel management for this car is not cheap. you cant run a 100$ chipped ecu.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

ya a 75 shot sounds straight...i neeed a site where i can get everything exept the bottle and bottle warmer cause i got those( nitrous express 10lb)...plus this motor got 71,000 miles on it...is that still straight??/
Old 02-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

not really ive just put in alotmof money into mine, i had the block built bored .20 over forged pistons, sleeved, rods, crank, head was ported and polished with bigger valves, camshaft, arp head bolts ( they dont make them for 7th gens but the d16 head bolts fit i talked to arp about this), cosmetic head gasket from nippon, ive spent a little over 2500 just for the block to get it turbo ready,thats not including the head but good luck, but the only problem is when you are on a budget of 1500 things are bound to go wrong....just dont buy any cheap turbo kits from ebay promise you will have serious problems
BlazeGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 05:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 jollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

research a little first about your motor and its potential. and 71k is still kinda low mileage so you'll prob be fine, its pretty much broken in by now. but i would do compression tests and replace gaskets and some internals first before piecing together any turbo kit or NOS kit. just for the peace of mind factorz

MR 95 ex coupe- CAF!-R.I.P. put into a wall by work..

MR 94 ex coupe- from the effing canigits eh?

Quote:
I'd fuck that like she was the economy and I was obama!
Quote:
Grab her by the throat and fuck that bitch silly. If she tries to fight just whisper in her ear "don't turn this rape into a murder"
jollyroger494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 04:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

There's a guy selling a complete kit over on 7thgen for 1500:

This kit will include the following:
Garret GT25RBB Turbo internally wastegated (so shaft play what so ever) - $400
HKS Cast Log style Manifold - $200
SRT4 Injectors (Stage 1, Blue tops, 544cc i believe) - $60
Fast-Turbo Full Oil Line Set - $75
AEM UEGO Wideband 02 controller w/ sensor - $195
Prosport Electronic Boost gauge - $100
Generic Intercooler - $150
2.25" Generic Intercooler Piping - $200
Mickey Mouse Gauge Bezel - $20
PCS XFC Engine Managment with PNP harness and I'll provide the 3 Maps clint just sent me. - $300

Full kit - $1500

He's been try to get rid if the kit for almost a year. His username is Cenz on 7thgenho da.com. I can get u pics if you want

Wait what is that?!?!? 105 whp?? What did I dyno at? 125 whp?? Do the math.. 125 - 105 = ???? 20whp?

D. Go back and read A-C cause you probably are still clueless.
02civicrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 cdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnrogers View Post
ya but turbo kit is like 3500 and im only lookin to spend 1500 thats a big difference...im pretty much looking for advice on the most power for my buck.

------

man u crazy? EGAY kits are like 600 dollars.

really, turbo kits r cheap, just depend on what type of turbo you plan to use, i would personally say, use a t25, its quick, not very efficient in the higher rpm range, but its quick

intercooler pipeing plus cooler = 250 egay.

oil return/feed kit egay = 100 - 150.

then header = 80 - 150 depends on the header (egay)

550, at max with out turbo

then u can use a turbo from a dsm, or buy a egay turbo ruffly 100 - 250

800 with turbo.

chipped p28 or p06 i forgot priceing i think 150 chipped, unless if you got a ecu already then its cheaper. ( most d series ) im not positive on a d17

$950

some injectors from a dsm, 150 on a high day

$1100

--------

boost gauge - $35 - $75 depending.

AEM Wideband ( i just got one ) - $200

plus a dash pillar - 35

------

oh and i forgot a dump tube, $100 if you have one made, or you may make your own for cheaper, but less of a headache go get one maid.

--------
then tuneing, if you have no idea how to tune, you're kinda S-O-L.
find either a friend, or someone who knows how to do it cheaply lol.

thats if you piece it togher one by one... cheap way out of it.

oh yea don't forget the 30 pack of budlight

$25

----------

also one reason i don't prefer nos, it is like crack man, once u use it, then you will want more, then more, then you car wont run with out it, n ect, not to mention by the time u fill up the bottle enough times, you will be glad you got a turbo kit.

gotta have the cash to go fast

let us know what ya do.

Last edited by cdawg; 02-16-2010 at 01:33 PM.
cdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

^^i guess some of us don't read the post...kinda makes you wonder "why even bother?" u know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by christbone20 View Post
yes but fuel management for this car is not cheap. you cant run a 100$ chipped ecu.
for those that are persentant apon pushing the OP to get a turbo kit, you need to know about the 7th gen d-series engine, also known as the bastard engine of d-series...two HUGE problems with this engine and engine management:
1. no return fuel line, this problem has been addressed, but still need to money to address it.
2. the ECu is obdiib which, if you don't know, cannot be chipped and must be replaced with something like kpro or the aem managment unit, niether of which are cheap...

so lets recap, you all think he should buy a turbo kit for about 100-1500 dollars right? ok fine still within the budget, but what about tuning? aem management is 1k out of the box...that won't work, and kpro is pretty close to that price as well...but aren't we forgetting something? o yea that's right, the lack of a return fuel line promotes a costly problem...hmmmm...i think we have busted the OP budget here, and we haven't even got to tune the damn thing yet...way to go guys, maybe you should read before posting

/rant

OP- sorry about that, a 75 shot of nitrous will be fine when used correctly and in moderation...and listen to speedfoos he knows what he is talking about, especially when it comes to 7th gen civics...

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
d17, performance, whp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in