Intake manifolds and throttle bodies - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Intake manifolds and throttle bodies

Fisrt of all i have a 2005 civic ex se with 1.7 d17a2....I need an intake manifold really bad. trying to put this tsi gt25r to work...please help.....( i also need an aftermarket head if anyone knows))
lgnrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

search

short answer is your screwed

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

http://thmotorsports.com/golden_eagl...M100-P-10-2003

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

ya i have and... well i cant seem to find any... i was just wondering if anyone knew anything.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

yea i found that one its just ugly as hell..lol
Old 02-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

only choice u have and that thing is sexy ass shit man

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

well damn my turbo is only running 6 psi cause i dont wanna mess shit up.. how much more psi can i add on with stock internals(only stage 2 cam) and stock intake maniforld
Old 02-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

manifold will hold alot more then 6 psi

as for internal a non d17 d series can take 7psi safe.

what u tuned on?

Old 02-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

AEM engine control piggyback
Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 T-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

i think thats sexy! but I wouldnt think your IM is limiting you yet...

feel free to let me know what you think.
T-rilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

your running 6 psi on a gt25r?

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

ya until u find what internals u can get id stay at 6 oy 7 psi to be safe

as for the intake u can always make one

Old 02-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

With the F/IC, you are limited by the stock MAP sensor. It freaks out after 9-10 psi so that's as high as you can boost with your current setup. If the tune is solid, crank it up and have some fun.

No need to upgrade internals until you upgrade to Hondata kpro and even then not until 14psi and then its rod bolts, swap them out to ARPs. If you're happy at that power level, then don't worry about it. If you want more power, then you need rods and pistons. Crower makes rods and so does K1. Wiseco makes forged pistons for you and they also sell the K1 rods. Good friend of mine is running 16 psi on kpro, stock rods and pistons (ARP rods bolts) and a custom cam and has zero issues.

Stock IM will hold as much boost as you can throw at it. Folks have boosted 20 pounds on the stock composite IM with no problems.

Before upping the boost, make sure you've taken care of the PCV setup and are running a catch can.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnrogers View Post
yea i found that one its just ugly as hell..lol
Um...your ugly as hell and apparently uneducated. A sheet metal manifold is going to be your best bet for boost, sk2 and blox are not only the same shit, but its only ok...I would never buy one. Why do you even need an after market manifold?...Thats right, you don't. You need to spend your money where it is more important, like a tune and fuel system shit. When we say search, we don't mean just for a product, but why it is a good/bad product and will it actually compliment your build.

Edit: hahaha I'm wayyyy late on the reply. So yeah, that mani wouldn't do much for you but look cool. Gl with your build.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen50 View Post
your running 6 psi on a gt25r?
ya i dont wanna f uck my shit up.. i heard 6 is the max and i got the ball bearing upgrade on the TSI kit because Im planning on swapping out all internals when good onnes come out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
intake, intake manifold, performance head

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in