Torn! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: I have the 2 cars... what do i do?? (read the post)
Rock the VP 5 21.74%
Ressurect old blue 15 65.22%
Go back to sleep 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2004, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to freeturkeys
Default Torn!

ok here's the deal. i have my 2k4 civic vp coupe... all it has performance wise is an aem short ram. then you have my 97 civic dx sedan which only has its rs-r exmag exhaust, obx header, and cheap-o "high flow cat" (glorified resonator)... i am debating over whether i want to save and get the dezod turbo kit and some suspension goodies for my vp or if i want to begin construction of a new d-motor for my dx and just use the vp as a reliable daily driver. oh yeah or i could do nothing and still have some cash to take my girl out on the weekends and just wait untill i can sell the vp and get myself something with more then 100 hp. maybe rwd or awd. i dont know. whatever so what do you guys think??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I say build the sedan DX ( more aftermarket , cheaper parts )

and use the 7th gen as a reliable daily driver
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

I second that.
D16A6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2004, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesqad127

IM also with them. It will be a hell of a lot cheaper to mod the dx than the new one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2004, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 the EH is learning the way of the Dthe EH is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

go back to sleep guy. seriously though i agree with everybody else. fix the dx use the other for DD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the EH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2004, 05:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al

Being different is cool. dx IS more bang for the buck, BUT w/dezod's kit near completion, it'll be the best for d17. (SF=iffy customer serv. & fuel system probs) Keep VP, get dezod turbo, you 5spd? Look for A2 head, (nice flow,cheap). Guts? Most internals companies (arias,CP,JE etc) make d17 pistons/rods, just not mass produced. Your Car Has Potential, its just entirely harder to mod but is coming along & IMO a better looking car as well.

Last edited by Import Al; 10-07-2004 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling?
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2004, 06:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i say, rock the vp, and use the dx as a reliable car. also take your time with the vp, and do as much as possible at one time. anyways, with whatever you decide, good luck with.

P.S. sleep is always a good decision.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2004, 04:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
needs a D

Rep Power: 16 b20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to b20vtec Send a message via Yahoo to b20vtec

Sell the girlfriend and build both cars.
b20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2004, 05:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
NJAman

The DX Wins, I think.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2004, 10:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

keep your warranty.. fix up the DX

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2004, 07:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
the hard-parker

Rep Power: 26 Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20vtec
Sell the girlfriend and build both cars.
that fucking made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. I second this notion!!!!!!

1998 honda civic ex coupe
1998 jeep cherokee sport 4x4
2004 subaru impreza wrx wagon
2002 honda accord v6 coupe
Sonny7730 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2004, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

yeah, build both cars....

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2004, 09:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

lol you guys are the best the 7thgencivic board is so bland compared to d-series.... anyway i've given it a lot of thought and once again i have returned past my bedtime to update you guys... after driving old blue around for a few days while my girl borrowed the vp (her fantastic elantra broke down... again...) i have come to the following decision. the vp, while in most cases an excellent commuting car suffers from some pretty bad handling characteristics. the body roll is very significant and i think it will benefit from some eibach prokit springs and either progress or eibach roll bars. my boy blue on the other hand, is in desperate need of some fully adjustable coilovers/sway bars/strut bars, a built d15b vtec, and a quality turbo kit. thank you guys for your input... b20vtec... thank you for incurring a slap to my skull when i checked the post at my girls house (i laughed kinda hard and she was wondering what i was reading) but yeah anyway i think that the older gen civics def have more potential anyway... plus the fact that i dropped 800 into the exhaust alone a week before i got the new car and havent driven it since (who knew) thanks again dudes.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

damn.. a turbo 7th gen would have been nice though....
russianwonder32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2004, 02:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 4dr_wtf smells like Borat4dr_wtf smells like Borat4dr_wtf smells like Borat4dr_wtf smells like Borat4dr_wtf smells like Borat4dr_wtf smells like Borat

i would work on the DX
4dr_wtf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2004, 02:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

yout spent 800 bucks on an exhaust and dont even drive the bitch ???

:shocked:
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2004, 04:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianwonder32
damn.. a turbo 7th gen would have been nice though....
the 7th gen is nice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSQad127
yout spent 800 bucks on an exhaust and dont even drive the bitch ???
which is why i dont drive the old one lol.... the new one is ok i just hate the way it handles... mcpherson struts are gay... and there is a serious shortage of aftermarket parts... although i think before work begins on old blue im gonna do some suspension work on the vp just cuz its so damn sloppy on the highway.... i do a solid 75-80 all the way home from school (where i live thats the flow of traffic) and the thing feels like its gonna blow right off the road sometimes i cant stand it. the old civ had a much more positive feeling to it. and something about blue made it want to kick the back out when you took a turn hard... still cant figure that out. but whatever... new is nice but faster is better so we'll just see what happens.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesqad127

agreed 100%

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2004, 06:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

I think that you should rock the VP.
Sweet2K4EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2004, 06:11 PM   #20 (permalink)

I am running a 2K4 Honda Civic EX with a few mods. I have a K&N cold air intake and a slightly modified exhaust. I have only put little bit of money into this car but i have big plans for it. I am looking at a turbo kit for my little D17A2 to try to improve my 1/4 mile time. I have only run a 16.6 in it with me driving and a 16.5 with my buddy "thegsrinthepictures" driving the car. I am happy with it now but I want into the 14's. What do you all think, go for the turbo or wait for some more aftermarket products to come out and do it naturally asperated?
Sweet2K4EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in