Anys thought on my build? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Anys thought on my build?

Hey guys, if the d-series is the dog of the Honda world, then the 7th gen d17a1 is probably the dog of the d-series engines.. buuuuut I did a write up on them anyway and wanted some techy folks to weigh in and lemme know if Im full of it:

Modifying the 2001 – 2005 Honda Civic (USDM)

Was really thinking nitrous for my 03 lx, buuuuut just had a crazy idea abt gx pistons, e85 conversion, and a few other tasty bits so now i cant decide...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joekneale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 jamisgood is learning the way of the Djamisgood is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to jamisgood

I've heard others mention the GX pistons. They would sure yield some serious compression ratios. I've never seen anyone actually do this or even heard of anyone actually doing this though. But you should be the first and tell us how it is!!! If you did go with nitrous you would surely probably want to get the y8 IM...which involves some fabbing but is possible. You couldn't ever really expect to get this motor to perform really well...despite, of course, spending massive amounts of money. Anything can be done per say with mad $$$. But the question is then: Is it worth the money and effort when there are cheaper and better performing options out there? Or just get a K haha.

Tein Basic Damper Coilovers
Fujita CAI
HP Racing 4-1 Ceramic Header
de-catted exhaust
16" Grid Full Royal Sport Bronze Rotas
2 1/4" custom exhaust
Lightened Flywheel
Apexi Neo
D17A2 engine
jamisgood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

I read your wordpress page and disagree with most of what you've put there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Weezed is learning the way of the DWeezed is learning the way of the D

nitrous + propane yes? lol
Weezed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

interesting... i want to see you put your advice to the test. carnage is very much welcomed on this site.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Wow you really like the letter "u" huh?
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

well the "y" and "o" are really hard to reach....

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2009, 02:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
interesting... i want to see you put your advice to the test. carnage is very much welcomed on this site.
CARNAGE is always welcomed! As well as chaos, mayhem, recklessness,
stupidity and anything else that leads to carnage.. which is why I'm going
to shove a bottle of propane under my hood right now and hit I-75. I'll post pics.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in