Snapped!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
raz
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Snapped!!

ok guys 1st off.. sorry if this should go in suspension.. but i figured this would be a good section....

any know reasons why my LCA (stock) and lower trailing arm would just snap?
I had the car sitting on side of street over the weekend and was driving around town. I came back home to find that i got some unwelcomed negative Camber...

I just wanna know if any of you guys have any idea whyt his may have happened? i never hit anything it was fine.. then after 2 days sitting it was like this. I was up on the sidewalk a little.. but i just dont know how steel would just snap from sitting..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	21540   Click image for larger version

Name:	0830091640.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	21541   Click image for larger version

Name:	0830091640a.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	21542   Click image for larger version

Name:	0830091641.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	21543  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by raz; 08-31-2009 at 02:04 PM.
raz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2009, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

was the car lowered? any extra weight in the rear? looks like maybe bolt fatigue and excessive weight on the rear snapped the bolt. not sure
Quote:
I want your whale penis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
raz
n00b

yeah man.. its lowered on s techs so only about 1.5 drop. Springs and struts are only about 6 months old. Nothing is in the trunk at all. It was sittin up on the side walk alittle.. but still.. that shouldnt crack a thick steal peice... boggles my mind
think is its not just the bolt that snapped look close at the 3rd pic...

Old 08-31-2009, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Dmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

did you find any signs of anyone messing with your wheels/trying to jack your car up?

maybe someone was trying to get the rims and messed it up?
Dmc971989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
raz
n00b

to be honest i was pissed and pretty much took the pictures showed my wife and left it alone. So i didnt really see any evidence of that. Its just bad timing for all of this.. baby is due in about 4 weeks ill check it out again today tho. But my wheels seemed fine. I mean if someone was trying to jack the wheels i would think there would be some damage to them done if this was the result..maybe next time if thats the case.. they should have just opened the car door since i left it unlocked. lol

Old 08-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

damge to the car else where?

almost like someone hit your car....to make shit break like that, thats alot of force

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
raz
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post
damge to the car else where?

almost like someone hit your car....to make shit break like that, thats alot of force
nope.. no body damage. I would think that there would be.. but nope there is none... rear bumper is molded on.. I would think that it would bae jacked up in the rear..

All i know is that i did have a local shop here do the install of the struts. maybe somehow that affected this? im lost

Old 08-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!

maybe the bolt wasnt torqued correctly and shook loose.
Quote:
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Old 08-31-2009, 02:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
raz
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpysbro View Post
maybe the bolt wasnt torqued correctly and shook loose.
its a possibility. I just dont see why the shop would even have to touch that bolt

Old 08-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

bumpy roads??? you said you rode up onto a curve a little... i think with a stiff suspension, and lowered, bumpy roads, puts alot of stress on the LCA's. it was just its time to break..

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
raz
n00b

Az man.. we do have some bumpy roads.. thing is.. i havent hit any huge bumps or anything. i dont know.. I mean i guess it really doesnt matter how it happened at this point.. just gotta fix it. But even if its bumpy roads would that really snap these that easily? seems like it would be harder to snap..

I have heard of people hitting something at 45 mph and just bending them.. but to snap all together has got me confused!

plus i would think if i hit a pothole or somethign that bad.. my lip kit would be damaged too.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

i dunno, or the shop tech could of over torqued it and fucked up the bolt. best bet is buy a new LCA bolt. check everything else make sure its ok and put it all back together and get an alignment
Quote:
I want your whale penis

Old 08-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
raz
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpysbro View Post
i dunno, or the shop tech could of over torqued it and fucked up the bolt. best bet is buy a new LCA bolt. check everything else make sure its ok and put it all back together and get an alignment
think ill have any chance of having the shop take responsibility for this?
Problem would be proving this though

Old 08-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

ya, id just replace the bolt and check and see if everything is ok suspension wise. and then just put it back together
Quote:
I want your whale penis

Old 08-31-2009, 04:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

^^thats what i would do

Slo-mo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2009, 09:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 blackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebody

is the bolt broken? is there a piee of the bolt still in the hole at all? if not than it was left loose by whoever had it apart last. if the bolt broke , thats just plain fucked up. under no circumstances should that bolt break. zero.

blackDseries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2009, 10:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

by parking on that curb you put more force on that one wheel than the other one, effectively turning your car into a tricycle. so now instead of the weight being spead between 4 points, now spead between 3.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 AM   #18 (permalink)

^^sounds about right :td:
Quote:
I want your whale penis

Old 09-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
raz
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDseries View Post
is the bolt broken? is there a piee of the bolt still in the hole at all? if not than it was left loose by whoever had it apart last. if the bolt broke , thats just plain fucked up. under no circumstances should that bolt break. zero.
yeah man.. i didnt take a real god look at it this morning but I had it towed over to a shop. the head gasket was blown on the car also. Just getting it all done... then MAYBE selling it.

cervan- I think you may be right man.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
CRX KING

slebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slebidia

I can't see shit with those crap ass pics.

Looks like the bolt fell out from here.

slebidia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in