Has anybody ever reflash a d17 ECU?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post Has anybody ever reflash a d17 ECU??

hey Guys i really want to do something to my ecu and want to know if anybody has ever done that before.. i want to activate my vtech at 2000 and no speed limits.

thanks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on the the streets.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
starpostrera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 SuperSeanic smells like BoratSuperSeanic smells like BoratSuperSeanic smells like BoratSuperSeanic smells like BoratSuperSeanic smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

1. no
2. its vtec
3. you dont want it that low

SuperSeanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

... why?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeanic View Post
1. no
2. its vtec
3. you dont want it that low
Old 07-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yep a company has a reflashed ecu for the d17, they do it all the time... ever heard of hondata?
baron340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

vtec at 2000?

what the fuck

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano

Yeah hittin vtec daily driving. Hondata reflashes? I thought they were all about chips...What exactly is reflashing the ecu, I've read about chipping and what not and understand that, its the reflash I don't. My buddy has a wrx and got his reflashed whats the differences? Do they have a eprom and just reburn?

Last edited by Thewall; 07-30-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

No they don't reflash the actual d17 ecu, they reflash (sorta, it's actually a daughterboard) a k-series ecu that is available for the d17. Technically speaking, a reflash is actually reprogramming the factory ecu. Some manufacturers can do this, others can't. Ford ECU's for instance can be reprogrammed to an extent. Honda ECU's (the older ones) were chipped which basically over rides all the factory programming and allows you to do it yourself.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano

Oh nice, good to know.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

ok thanks..
btw of course i have heard of hondata but i know thats not the only way to do it...
on the the streets.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

You can't chip or reprogram the d17 ecu, the only options are either k-pro or AEM EMS
Old 07-31-2009, 12:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via MSN to Dangles

Vtec at 2000rpm? What are you thinking?
Having it enabled at such a low rpm will cause your engine to bog down... I would only recommend making it engage at 4300rpm

Good luck if you have it engaged that low
Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 06:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Again...this is why 7th gen owners don't get any respect..

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
lol tempted to quote

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles View Post
Having it enabled at such a low rpm will cause your engine to bog down... I would only recommend making it engage at 4300rpm

... this info is wrong...

a D17A2 only has 12 lobes on its camshaft and its vtec e engages at 2700 rpm then making it run on 16. moving that point around wont do shit.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

Wow.. thats a good info.. I did notice that vtec on d17 engage faster. I didnt know it was 2700rpm... Old D-series civics engage aroud 3500-4500rpm.. there's a Hondata dealer here but this guy is nuts... he wants $2200 for the hondata ecu and camshaft.. is that a good price? it sound freaking crazy to me. I can do so much with $2200.. anybody knows about a better price on a d17?

Originally Posted by Dangles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on the the streets.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to 94EXa2

i thought any and all d17 "vtecs" were vtec-e??? maybe just disable the vtec system somehow so that it always runs 16v instead of switching from 12-16v?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

there is so much bs in this thread that it isnt funny
if you dont know something nobody is going to make fun f you for NOT posting help... but when you spread misinformation thats not cool at all

the d17's are nothing like the previous d15/16's... ESPECIALLY when it comes to ecu's
as far as i know its either kpro or aem.. THATS IT for the d17's.. you dont have crome, ectune, etc....

lowering your vtec honestly isnt going to do anything for you but more than likely make your car slower and disabling the speed limiter... why??? you shouldnt be going any faster than what its set at with your car anyways

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 08:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

the more i read this thread the less i miss my 7thgen

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by starpostrera View Post
Wow.. thats a good info.. I did notice that vtec on d17 engage faster. I didnt know it was 2700rpm... Old D-series civics engage aroud 3500-4500rpm.. there's a Hondata dealer here but this guy is nuts... he wants $2200 for the hondata ecu and camshaft.. is that a good price? it sound freaking crazy to me. I can do so much with $2200.. anybody knows about a better price on a d17?
Yeah. Get a hold of Jeff Evans at Evans Tuning. You shouldn't pay more than $1200 for the setup if you provide Jeff with the ECU. Last I knew, he was running a deal where you got kpro and the cam gear, an EBCS, and a 4-bar MAP sensor for right around $1350. Of course the last two are only good if you're going to boost. Bottom line is no matter who you go with, $1200 for kpro+cam gear (not counting the ECU) is the most you should pay.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in