Header for D17 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Header for D17

Hi,

I have been searching around for opinions on headers, now most people seem to say that they don't do anything on D17's, but I want to get an opinion from you guys who have used different types of headers.

I have a 2005 Civic Sedan (7th Gen)

It's mostly a stock car, It's going to be a street driven car not a race car, so I dont want to lose all my power down low.

I see that DC seems to be a popular brand and Meagan, also that there are 4-2-1 designs and 4-1 designs.

Which headers should I go for?

Thanks.

Last edited by Z2TT; 07-19-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Z2TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

hey I've got a chakira 4-1 header for my 7th gen and there were deffinatley noticeable differences on my "ass dyno" lol not sure how much or where the gains were made but it took my car from barely being able to spin the tires to leaving 2 phat black patches in front of my condo without a problem
j2thak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 jamisgood is learning the way of the Djamisgood is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to jamisgood

I've had good luck with my cheap ass HP Racing 4-1. I noticed a good difference up top and didn't lose too much down low either. I got it matched up with a 2 1/4" crush bent crap exhaust as well.

Tein Basic Damper Coilovers
Fujita CAI
HP Racing 4-1 Ceramic Header
de-catted exhaust
16" Grid Full Royal Sport Bronze Rotas
2 1/4" custom exhaust
Lightened Flywheel
Apexi Neo
D17A2 engine
jamisgood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 06:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

I have a d17 dc-sports header for my D16v1 ep2 looks good and seems to do the job well to
magnificent_one is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
raz
n00b

its header. not headers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
raz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

dont waste your time modding the 05. Any 7th gen made after 03 will notice any mod you do to it after a week or so and the car will remap itself and remove any power you may have gained.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
raz
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
dont waste your time modding the 05. Any 7th gen made after 03 will notice any mod you do to it after a week or so and the car will remap itself and remove any power you may have gained.

u sure about that man.. I have never heard of that.
My 04 seems to still have the (very slight) gain from the CAI and Exhaust

Old 08-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
u sure about that man.. I have never heard of that.
My 04 seems to still have the (very slight) gain from the CAI and Exhaust
yup, its a learning ecu.
its all in your mind.

I had an 01, i sold it cause i did every bolt on you could possibly do to the car and it still didnt do shit.

if you have gained more then 1hp your lucky.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Old 08-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
raz
n00b

Quote:
yup, its a learning ecu.
its all in your mind.

I had an 01, i sold it cause i did every bolt on you could possibly do to the car and it still didnt do shit.

if you have gained more then 1hp your lucky.
wow.. good to know.. guess ill skip the header all around since sounds like its not worth it at all. low and slow i guess haha

Old 08-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Quote:
wow.. good to know.. guess ill skip the header all around since sounds like its not worth it at all. low and slow i guess haha
i was looking for the info that states its a learning ecu.
but i remember seeing it on 7thgencivic years ago when i had one and was a member. sadly that forum doesnt exist anymore. i think it turned into clubcivic.

i had a bored TB, AEM V2, megan header and downpipe (for some reason they sell it seperate) custom catback and a apexi VAFC2.

all of that and basically no change in power led to me selling it and getting an EJ6.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Old 08-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
raz
n00b

sucks man.. though it sounded like you had a sweet little ride there.
BUT props on the upgrade!

Old 08-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
false information

any car that gets more breathing room makes the ecu adjust for the new setup, not adjust back to stock.

and a tip for those that want the most out of your boltons without tuning (header, intake, maybe a VERY mild cam) disconnect your battery and pull the ecu fuse, go inside for a meal, come back outside start the car and idle. dont touch the gas at all. once it hits operating temp on the gauge, let it sit for another 15-20 minutes. the ECU is learning the new breathing parameters and since you are not touching the gas, it is preloading the new maps that were calculated into the memory for good. its not gonna burn onto the chip, but every Honda ecu has a backup. even if you chip your ecu and tune it for a turbo, you can make the ecu run on stock maps. its a matter of triggering it. and in this process I just explained, its changing that stock map loaded in memory for all time and adjusting it.

Source: lots and lots of reading at several honda tuning sites and lots of questions asked and answered

/info rant

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

What he's talking about is when you try to alter the timing with a cam gear on the D17, it's been dyno proven to do one of two things:

1. Nothing.
2. Perform worse.

Not to mention, when you add a piggyback to the D17, it tries like mad to tune around that, idle relearn procedures or not. It's not a fun ECU to play with.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
false information

any car that gets more breathing room makes the ecu adjust for the new setup, not adjust back to stock.

and a tip for those that want the most out of your boltons without tuning (header, intake, maybe a VERY mild cam) disconnect your battery and pull the ecu fuse, go inside for a meal, come back outside start the car and idle. dont touch the gas at all. once it hits operating temp on the gauge, let it sit for another 15-20 minutes. the ECU is learning the new breathing parameters and since you are not touching the gas, it is preloading the new maps that were calculated into the memory for good. its not gonna burn onto the chip, but every Honda ecu has a backup. even if you chip your ecu and tune it for a turbo, you can make the ecu run on stock maps. its a matter of triggering it. and in this process I just explained, its changing that stock map loaded in memory for all time and adjusting it.

Source: lots and lots of reading at several honda tuning sites and lots of questions asked and answered

/info rant
i know what im talking about. if i didnt i never wouldve opened my mouth.
that idle relearn process wont be worth a fuck a week down the road, as the car is noticing different shit done to it and making adjustments as it sees fit to counteract them.

this is from exp not reading opinions from mofo's on the intrawebs.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Old 09-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I don't own a 7th gen I got a 5th and was probally going toe get a 6th or 7th gen @ the end of next yr but I did hear that on the 7th gen the ecu relearns for fuel no power like 6th and 5th gen so maybe that's why you can't really mod a 7th gen.
xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
its header. not headers
stfu

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
raz
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen50 View Post
stfu
and why?

I cant help the guy out so people wont bag on him?

Your post has helped the OP and everyone reading this thread out tremendously.

PS: gtfo if your gonna bump old threads for absolutley no point

Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 labatt2k will become famous soon enoughlabatt2k will become famous soon enoughlabatt2k will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

there is a kpro for the d17 now... but kinda expensive to buy and expensive to tune...
labatt2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 shoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropes

It's "headers" because he is talking about several different types. If he was talking about a specific one it would be a"header".
fab cat back with magnaflow muffler
skunk2 stage 1 cam
aem cam gear
ported intake
60mm throttle body
B&M shifter
Tokico suspension
skunk2 coilover sleeves
Ebay adjustable camber plates
chipped ecu

Last edited by shoyuburner; 10-08-2009 at 11:46 AM.
shoyuburner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

ok
guys i have a d17 too

and im guessing
whats the average times at the strip
with the next modd in a d17, level sea

ACT clutch stage 3
fidanza flywheel
xtune heder
CAI
and nitto neogen tires

well im doing low 16s

i wanna know how you run at the strip?
D17a2cancun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in