Bad ass D17!?! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2004, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al
Default Bad ass D17!?!

I've been telling you guys that this motor isn't the worst one to ever bear the H badge, so here is a ray of hope for all the 7th geners out there. Enjoy. http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...cat/500/page/1 BTW, he has a stock valvetrain, TB, I/M, flywheel, and many other components to put him over 300 whp, but is still one of the most powerful D17's in the U.S.
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2004, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

He's making 207.4 lbs of twist and 246 whp @ 14 psi. There is another guy called barney there who's the first boosted D17 and is claiming 18 psi!!! He hasn't hit the dyno at that pressure, but expect him to make more than C2i0v0i1c.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

boost works miracles
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2004, 06:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Berry nice!

I like it, see D-17 guys you have something to look forward to now!

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2004, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
pitchblacktyper

d17 guys with return fuel lines rock.. but i still hate that motor..worked on 2.. could have done better things masturbating that working on that motor.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2004, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 vtece-hatch smells like Boratvtece-hatch smells like Boratvtece-hatch smells like Boratvtece-hatch smells like Boratvtece-hatch smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtece-hatch

Thats cool as hell
vtece-hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2004, 07:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!

I can predict D17s will soon be as popular as the D-16s... Just have to give it time!

Old 09-05-2004, 10:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i hope the d17s get popular coz ill chuck one in my civ when my zc shits itself
hahaha
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2004, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to freeturkeys

if you really think about it, i doubt when the original d-series motors started hitting the streets, i strongly doubt the aftermarket community was all over them right away. these things take time, and this is the most radically changed d-series motor since, well, ever so its not suprising that there arent 1000s of parts available yet. i think as time goes on and our cars become more popular (which they have to because pretty soon older civs will be harder and harder to find) the parts manufacturers will start coming around and there will be some serious 7th gens prowling the streets
Old 09-11-2004, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness

tru... once the d17's become older and cheaper...making them alot easier to afford we will start scrapping them off the streets and into our garage..
russianwonder32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2004, 11:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by egSi
i hope the d17s get popular coz ill chuck one in my civ when my zc shits itself
hahaha
I wish you could do this, but the D17 doesn't share bell housing patterns or motor mount locations and is incompatible with all older Honda chassis.' I don't think we'll ever see an engine swap kit for older Hondas, but I always thought a d17a2 in an EF hatch or 'Rex would be the perfect match.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

HOLY SHITE!!! I shouldve kept U posted on our mighty motor, but a dude @ 7thgencivic.com (Catalyst) has broken the 300 whp mark for some time now! He works for Stafford Fabrications, the maker of the first d17 turbo kit, and is blistering dynos @ 304 whp/ and 276 lb/ft. of torque! NON-VTEC! Look http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...cat/500/page/2 :shocked:

Last edited by Import Al; 09-21-2004 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Boosted EM2

I have a turbo d17a2. its pretty damn fast but i have to sell my turbo kit to pay off college tution... It sucks so maybe i can jumnp to Nitrous once again. here is a list of Kills.

d16 fully gutted no interior, door lining nothing bare hatch (5 cars
EP hatch (2-3 cars)
98 V8 Trans Am (he stayed at my door the whole time)
2500 Chevy Truck (6 cars)
CRX w/ b16b I/H/E, VAFC (maybe close to 1 car)
2000 SI with I/H/E (2 Cars)

here are some pics i have of my car.

www.cardomain.com/id/02civicvtec
Old 09-27-2004, 05:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Boosted EM2, welcome to the best one-cam site man! Nice setup and kills there. I have a litely tuned NA d17a2, but wanna bump my compression to at least 11.0 and think of a wet kit, AEM ems or e manage and be satified... for a while BTW, Im 01EXplain on 7thgencivic.com , goodest '01+ site

Last edited by Import Al; 09-27-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
sohcD17

yo boost em2 u said you selling the turbo....how much
Old 01-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet2K4EX
BULLSHIT...you have not worked on any of these motors boy. You have gave me hell because your car ran the same as mine! You whore...shut up and get a car you punk!
You need to take a chill!

Old 01-19-2005, 06:42 AM   #17 (permalink)

Sorry to the rest of you all, but if you knew this guy you would feel the same way about him. He lies WAY to much! He needs to grow up and stop his childish crap!.
Sweet2K4EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2005, 01:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet2K4EX
Sorry to the rest of you all, but if you knew this guy you would feel the same way about him. He lies WAY to much! He needs to grow up and stop his childish crap!.
Sweet2K4EX, who are you talking about? Because I never make shit up when I post on D-Series. If you do not believe this man's (Catalyst) claim, then talk to him about it...We now have multiple D17's pushing 300+ Wheel horsepower; the weak link in 7th gen's are the tranny and lack of any aftermarket support. I worked on the original D17A2 vtec for 5 years BTW. Who likes torque? 273.4 LB/FT @ 12 psi, my friend.--> http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...gslim+timeslip

Last edited by Import Al; 01-19-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

And for the record, I OWN a car guy, the white EF hatch. The silver car is my old car. https://www.d-series.org/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1594 I've worked & modded many; '03 Mazda B2300 truck, '99 Integra LS, '90 Nissan Sentra, '92 Civic DX hb, '99 Honda Passport 4x4, '94
Mazda 626, '91 Buick Century v6, '95 Camaro Z-28, even this beauty; the original '00 Honda S2000. And I just turned 20. Why are you trippin?
Old 01-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

No dude, sorry about the confusion. My original post was taken off of here and it was directed towards pitchblacktyper...not you dude.
There is one thing that i have for you though. I was wondering if you and your friend Catalyst could help me out with some ideas for my 04 civic ex coupe to get a big boost of power out of that D17A2.
Sweet2K4EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in