Aftermarket steering wheel? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Aftermarket steering wheel?

does anyone know how to go about installing an aftermarket racing wheel in a 7th gen? nobody seems to sell the installation/adapter kit, due to the airbag i guess. any help would be great. thanks
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

if its a dd imo, id keep the factory steering wheel, and not risk your life without having a airbag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

pardon my stupidity, but whats a dd?

Old 12-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano

daily driver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

sorry that was a stupid question.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

get some momo aluminum floor mat deals and a nice shift boot and knob that will do a lot for makin your interior look better

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
gonzo

civicridin It's a JDM Star Bitches....civicridin It's a JDM Star Bitches....civicridin It's a JDM Star Bitches....civicridin It's a JDM Star Bitches....civicridin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
if its a dd imo, id keep the factory steering wheel, and not risk your life without having a airbag
if i wouldnt of had an airbag in my car, i would be dead right now. Id much rather take a burnt face from an airbag, then a snapped neck on a ricer ass daily driver steering wheel
civicridin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

I like mine It's a pretty easy straight forward install. The hardest part is getting the SRS ribbon out. As for hubs, I think any 96+ honda one will work. I have the EK/RSX one.
I have the NRG short hub, NRG 2.0 quick release, and Personal Neo Grinta 330mm steering wheel.
It's a good setup, and completely changes the whole feel of the car!
Harlowe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

and i see your airbag light is on...

best time so far

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

That's the ebrake light, it turns on because the ebrake is up, as you can see in the right of the picture.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlowe View Post
What about the RSX cluster???
gmcuajo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

I like the looks of the aftermarket wheel I might do this since my airbag system is dead. and if your wearing your seat belt you dont need the airbag that much.
azsigndog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 06:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
gonzo

civicridin It's a JDM Star Bitches....civicridin It's a JDM Star Bitches....civicridin It's a JDM Star Bitches....civicridin It's a JDM Star Bitches....civicridin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsigndog View Post
I like the looks of the aftermarket wheel I might do this since my airbag system is dead. and if your wearing your seat belt you dont need the airbag that much.
HA okay....................................
civicridin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcuajo View Post
What about the RSX cluster???
What about it?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

i put a momo steering wheel in my dd.....but mine was more for security reasons....well and that its a baller ass steering wheel..........but i do understand the whole air bag thing......i just hate em......the clean up after.....the resetting of codes ect......price.....but im also doing mine so no lights are on....and a cruise control relocate...lol

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

i went the true race car route, NASCAR approved...

Longarce splinned quick release hub... its welded in place... :td:

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post
cruise control relocate...lol
this is a SUPER easy mod... LMK if you need a hand...

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 evilkid187 is a name known to allevilkid187 is a name known to allevilkid187 is a name known to allevilkid187 is a name known to allevilkid187 is a name known to allevilkid187 is a name known to allevilkid187 is a name known to allevilkid187 is a name known to allevilkid187 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to evilkid187

i would just pesonally grab up a 99-00 si steering wheel...or i like the rsx ones, but dunno if they'd fit
evilkid187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

i got a 99-00 si wheel w air bag for sale btw! well once you have 5 more posts

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

RSX ones fit 7thgens, which is this section btw...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in