My 7th gen - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Default My 7th gen

Just picked up this beauty last week. It's an 03 LX sport. I'm not sure if you had this model in the states or not... It's essentially an EX with the LX engine/trans.

A little over 52,000 miles on her (84,700 kms.) It's never been in an accident.

In definate need of a claybar and cut/polish so i'll do that on the weekend and post pics of the results.

Since I know how you guys like pics... Here she is the day we got her.

More pics once she is all cleaned up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque

Rep Power: 21 Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

needs an 8 inch drop

ak riding shotgun literally

autox/ touge ej1
Built 12.5 d., ac, pic selects, itr sway, wide wheels, more bracing than a dentist office lol

09 Chevy 3500hd crew cab long bed 4x4 just because I felt like it
Tibby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 01:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Ahhh nice to see a Black 7th gen!

we don't get many in SA.

HOCSA- KZN Director
Co. Event Organiser HRCKZN

D16y9- 16.9- Matuba
D17a5- stock standard...
BradLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 04:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 unevolved is learning the way of the Dunevolved is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Looks real nice. Wanna give me those wheels?
unevolved is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

was asked to remove pics.

Last edited by shu-es1; 11-07-2008 at 02:21 PM.
shu-es1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano

I kept my promise... Took it to work and got to work shining it up today.

Posted a thread in the showcase with the rest of the pics.
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100350

Old 11-11-2008, 04:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Looks good man! I don't why they made the "Sport" model. Why not just give it that little bit extra HP with the VTEC and call it a day, instead of duping people with the "Sport" package. You Canadians man. You guys are too gullible.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 07:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I can agree with you about teh sport model... why does the CDM and USDM need to have different models.... (grrrr)

One good thing about our interesting models is that the bluebook doesn't have this model and so I basically got it for the price of a regular LX w/o sunroof and all that jazz.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Screwy lewy in red

lewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to lewy

Great little find. keep us posted on the height drop and mod!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 brandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

yeah it looks aight, has a good bit of potential

brandenj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

hello i am new to d-series, i currently own a 03 civic ex stock motor, i bought the car with the turbo specialities kit in it, it is the extreme kit with the t25bb, it has the black box, that i guess was pre-set from the factory, no cat stright pipe, skunk2 ext. nonthing too big. boost around 6psi. -the thing about it is i am in the army over seas! (iraq) i got it before i left did some research i cant find anything on the kit or any d17a2's on this site that has the same kit. my question is does anyone know how to adjust this kit? it doesnt have the front face that shows the button layout, i bought the car from a dealship, no paperwork on the turbo kit, i called turbospecialities they have failed to send me some paper work on how to tweek the system. boost raises to 6psi then drops down, car feels like its hesitating to go faster, like i said i am in iraq, the car is in new mexico at my brothers house sorry for the questions, i dont know if you can adjust the boost from the kit or if it just shows current run. please be easy on me with ur comments -thanks overseas
pimpchaboya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 11:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 unevolved is learning the way of the Dunevolved is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpchaboya View Post
hello i am new to d-series, i currently own a 03 civic ex stock motor, i bought the car with the turbo specialities kit in it, it is the extreme kit with the t25bb, it has the black box, that i guess was pre-set from the factory, no cat stright pipe, skunk2 ext. nonthing too big. boost around 6psi. -the thing about it is i am in the army over seas! (iraq) i got it before i left did some research i cant find anything on the kit or any d17a2's on this site that has the same kit. my question is does anyone know how to adjust this kit? it doesnt have the front face that shows the button layout, i bought the car from a dealship, no paperwork on the turbo kit, i called turbospecialities they have failed to send me some paper work on how to tweek the system. boost raises to 6psi then drops down, car feels like its hesitating to go faster, like i said i am in iraq, the car is in new mexico at my brothers house sorry for the questions, i dont know if you can adjust the boost from the kit or if it just shows current run. please be easy on me with ur comments -thanks overseas
From what I've heard, the Turbo Specialties kit is a piece of junk. If you just need a car to drive, period, I'd recommend just taking to kit off and deal with it later when you get back.

But if you want power, it looks like there may be some pieces worth keeping to make a reliable (relatively speaking) turbo application. I believe TS used Garrett compressors and turbines, so that'll probably be worth keeping, and I don't know about the manifold or piping or intercooler or BOV or wastegate or any of that other stuff, but my guess would be to throw away what you have to, replace it, and use the engine management system as a paperweight. Just cut to the chase and run Hondata's Kpro engine management system. It's a tad expensive, but with your hazardous duty pay you'll be alright.
unevolved is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in