Honda D Series Forum banner

AEM for real?

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  CRXdxR 
#1 ·
I was planning on getting my dads 96 dx but it turns out my parents are going to get an 02 ex or 04 lx. I was wondering if the numbers on aem's website were phony? THey claim like 116 whp for ex and 109 for dx, lx? Thanks

#4 ·
no those numbers are for real...just realize that you may or may not get that same power numbers...you are going to have a different environment, and whatnot...not only that, not all motors respond to bolt-ons the same as others...

#5 ·
Thanks man, i just wanted to know if they accidently slipped on a new header for the test or something.
+rep
Oh yeah u seem to be knowledgeable toward the em, can u check out one of the y8 manifold on d17 engine post. I think we all would love the answer.

#6 ·
are you talking about putting a y8 mani on a d17?

#8 ·
similar...but it isn't just a bolt on and go...i don't know all the details, but someone posted a link to a DIY somewhere on this board, try doing a search for it, cause i'm not sure as to where it is...

G
#9 ·
I have an 04 Civic EX coupe 5 speed real nice but it needs a lil more pizazze, i wuz lookin at sum aftermarket parts and see that AEM and many other companies say that a lot of aftermarket parts fit the 01-02 or 01-03 model Civic EX. Why is this? Is it an error? Do the Tru-Time Cam Gears actually fit my 04? Do they not? Wut about headers from DC? Tru Power pulley kits?
Thanx

G
#11 ·
the EX engine is the same from 01-05, so wouldnt it all be the same counterclockwise or clockwise? I read the exterior changed a little in 04, did this change what parts could and couldnt fit in the engine bay? So why cant the intakes and headers and cam gears and pulleys fit the same?

G
#13 ·
Not meaning to be rude to anyone in any way, but I was looking for a yes/no answer to see if anyone knew if the above mentioned aftermarket parts fit the 04 Civic EX even though it says 01-03 or 01-02 and any info on why this is.
Thanx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.