Honda D Series Forum banner

First d16y8 boost build

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Quetzalcoatl 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to this, I have a 99 honda civic Dx 4 door automatic. I just bought a d16y8, dont know how its running so ima just rebuild it to give me a piece of mind, to add this is my daily , and I figured might as well build it rite and strong just incase I go turbos in the months to follow. To add i will be buying a p28 ecu, my car has 2.5 inch piping with a magna flow exhaust, short ram air intake, i will be keeping that along with the y8 intake manifold i all ready have, my car runs fine now so I have the time to do it rite, i could use the help so any input is welcome

#2 ·
On that dread I was asking on wich route I should take to build my d16y8, not in a rush, I what to do it it rite , I will be running abp28 ecu, my car is 99 4 door auto, will remain auto, and at most in the future I plan on running 7lb boost, new to this just asking for advice
Looks like you need to do some more research on what you want. Start marking part lists on what you think you need.

At 7lbs i'd just service the motor, do a head gasket, put in some ARP studs, upgrade your fuel system and get it tuned.

#6 ·
20 year old engine with some wear..

this is gonna be one helluva expensive build to do it right..

*not including whatever rebuild may or may not be needed..

#8 ·
My car was stolen. Picking up a 97 coupe
5speed .
Gonna take the y7 out and replace it with the y8 I have. My new project is gonna be to build the y8 all motor.
I plan on breaking down the engine soon.
What pistons should I go with a d what rods?
My goals is 250 to 300 hp. Its gonna be my daily, but I want something I can have fun with

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.