Honda D Series Forum banner

MFactory 3rd gear

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  teror1sta 
#1 · (Edited)
The car is D16 N/A ~ 180 HP . Gear is 4-5 years old . (not more then 3-4K km ) . Тhere are no signs of wear on the gear !!!
What can cause this malfunction ??

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
oh shit.....thanks for that reminder. Evidence on Youtube!

Some people are just "too hard" on parts in general.

Like one Irish Rally team that tore up MFactory and Gear-X gears, blamimg the gears were bad.

Turns out if you keep the throttle pinned while in the air after launching of a jump, then landing is hard on the transmission gears.

Speaking of that, I need to make sure I drop in to see Kiwi on my still unplanned Cali trip.

#8 · (Edited)
The car is not mine !!! And the car is run only on track , no jumps ....
Transmission is in perfect shape . Like i said " Тhere are no signs of wear on the gears !" include MF gear .
I was there when gear broke : long straight ( 5 gear flat) , stoping for 3 gear corner and after exit he go WOT and done ....

And if for U crap springs , who can't last 200 km is a " "issues" " ... then i don't have comment :D By the way with BC springs after 3 competitions no problem .... strange !

#9 ·
So why are you posting a parts review on something that isn't even yours?

I get the part failed...someone, but not you.

Some here have contacts with a few companies, like for transmission parts and such.

Flat out in 5th, "stoping" for a corner, then launching at WOT in 3rd gear, yeah you might have a problem.

Why would you stop for a corner on a rally course then launch in 3rd gear?

#10 · (Edited)
1st - because he is my friend , and I use MF products to !
2nd - My English is not very good, but where I type stoping to 0 km/h or launch in 3rd gear? ??? He just slow down from 5th gear to take the 3rd gear corner and after that accelerate again ...
3rd - If u don't have something to say on topic ... leave blank space in yours next post...

We do not blame anyone, my friend is pleased with the time to drive this gear (near 4 years not 200 km :D ) . Тhere is nothing eternal . We just wonder why it happened because the quality of the MF is pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.