Honda D Series Forum banner

Worth Rewelding A Top Mount Manifold?

982 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Pacificjoseph 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

I got a question and I guess I already knew the answer but just wondering what you all think. I've got a turbo setup on my single cam right now with a Top Mount manifold. I got it used and it has been pretty beaten on regularly. It was custom made for a friend of mine about 7+ years ago. My friend regularly street raced with it so its got USED! Anyways, I went to get it tuned and made about 329 to the wheel on an Ebay T04E 50 trim (I believe) at 18psi. Then the manifold cracked at the weld. I got it rewelded and it cracked again at a different spot for the 3rd time. Do you think its worth trying to reweld everything? Or I should just junk the manifold and get a new one? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Whats the cost of the repairs? Are you doing the repairs or paying someone to do them?
Whats the cost of the new manifold?
Is there a reason to hang onto your friends old manifold vs buying new?

I say if you have zero cost in repairs keep repairing it if you have the time and don't mind the work.

If you have to pay someone else to repair it each time at what point could you have just bought a new one? 2-3-5 repairs?

If you pay someone to repair it can they rebuild it? Can you rebuild it? All depends on the amount of time and money you care to put into it honestly.

#4 ·
Thanks for the inputs. I think I will just have to cough up the dough and buy a new top mount. The least expensive one I've found so far with a decent quality from 1320 Performance for around $700. I've looked into Speed Factory and Sheepey but they are around $1000. Is anyone else running a Top Mount? And experience with any of the ones I mentioned? Or could recommend one? The reason why I want to stick with a Top Mount instead of going with another manifold is because my car is already setup for it (Downpipe, Intercooler Piping, etc.). If I change the manifold to a different style/less expensive one, I would have to redo my whole setup and would end up costing about the same as a new Top Mount.

#6 · (Edited)
#9 ·
Customer service is the key to any great company.
And I never heard anything bad against Greg = Go-Autoworks only how awesome of a guy he is and how much he stands behind his product.
I have heard of 1320 but as far as any knowledge past that nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.