Honda D Series Forum banner

Hydraulic conversion

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Paterico 
#1 ·
I have a Syncrotech Crx SI trans with mwave diff and lsd. Exedy sport clutch...i need to adjust the cable slightly every few months. It doesn't appear to be stretching just losing adjustment. So I'm looking at hydro setups...i tried contacting Hush without luck. Does anyone have a suggested setup that is mostly bolt in and works with a cable D series transmission?

#3 ·
LHD.
I was running an aftermarket cable that needed adjustment every time I drove, and it was visibly stretched. I replaced it with an OEM Honda cable and it doesn't stretch when warmed up, and as best I can measure (amount of threading showing on the adjuster) it just doesn't seem to be stretching, it just slowly works its way back over time...

#4 ·
Look at you pedal assembly. It could be tearing apart. Happened to me last year. It happens from high pressure plate pressures.

Does your clutch make creaking noise when you push it in?

#5 ·
I already welded and repaired it before this, probably a year ago. I had it reinforced and additional tabs welded in, the cracks in the welds welded through, and then replaced the plastic bushings with nylon and brass bushings as well as re-greasing it all. Its a little stiffer than it was originally, but originally it had 300k miles...

#8 ·
I have no idea. Just showing other ways of doing it. Keeping the cable box may be harder than trying to sell it and get a rebuilt hydro box and hydro kit for the car.

I have seen others use a pull style slave cylinder for the clutch arm but no idea where it was from or how to build/source it.

#9 ·
Buying the hydro trans....figure $250 for the hydro pedal setup, $2000 for the Syncrotech trans with carbon syncros/mwave lsd/mwave final drive, plus probably $150 for a rebuildable core to ship back. I think about $250 for the mounts and bracket kit to put the hydro trans into the CRX body. SO at least $2650 out of pocket right there.

then maybe $1000 if I am really lucky on selling the current transmission.

Any chance you can give me $1500 to help out on this lol

I could more easily pay for a complete custom setup with me doing nothing at that point. Which I may end up doing anyway if no one makes anything that would work for what I need.

#11 · (Edited)
That 2nd picture is awesome. Tilton hydraulic release. I think you have to use their clutch though.

Edit: Did some research on this. What a sweet way for someone who might not have a left leg to push a clutch to be able to drive a manual still. Spendy, but cool.

#13 ·
Don't get a Tilton Twin disc with hydro release, such a headache and rebuilds needed yearly or more often.

Just buy a proper HD cable, brace the assembly under the dash and be done. It won't stretch!

Stock disc, Stage 4 dual diaphram PP, OEM clutch cable...aftermarket Dorman wouldn't cut it. Not how I'd set it up, but how the CRX was when I bought it.

#17 ·
Was on one of the Honda forums I'm on, likely CRX Comm.

You;ll have to wait until I get home to find the link. I was going to buy one or convert to hydro on my CRX before I gave up on it. But finding the dual PP I knew I wouldn't need to upgrade the cable.

#15 ·
I carry an extra OEM one whenever I leave town.

I am curious where to find a HD cable as well.

#16 ·
That is not a bad idea at all. I have been itching to make a 2-3 night trip to the Texas Hill Country to drive some great motorcycle/sports car roads, but this as well as a dyno tune are two things that have me hesitant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.