Honda D Series Forum banner

Won't start

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  xXNosjetXx 
#1 ·
Okay! At it again! Just trying to get the damn thing running.

Dohc ZC Blacktop converted to obd1. Chipped P28 ecu. 1989 CRX HF

Here's what happened:

I fired it up to go to work Saturday morning. i pulled out onto a main road, and ran it to 4k rpms. the car backfired big time. Like a freaking gun shot(though it is straight piped right now, so im taking that into account). Then it made a weird grunting noise from under the hood. I've since checked dizzy, plugs, wires, timing, and the cat. The cat is melted, so i have it unbolted. That was from a previous issue. I also checked the compression last week. The car has since not started at all. Not even for a millisecond. We tried starter fluid, so i know it's not only in the fuel system. Unless something is plugged and not letting the right amount through. Because it cant backfire without an explosion. But i checked for spark, and I've got plenty. Next is to change the fuel pump and maybe clean the injectors? It tried starting once, but made the same grunting noise when it died.

Does any of this sound like something anyone has dealt with before?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.