Honda D Series Forum banner

Issues with a del sol

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BLK92_D16 
#1 ·
I have a del sol with a d16z6 that loses power when you go to pull out almost like I'm trying to pull out in 3rd or 4th. I'm completely stumped with it. Have replaced fuel pump, filter, injectors, fuel rail, map sensor, tps, distributor, cap, rotor, wires and plugs, ecu, timing belt, done compression tests (good compression) clutch, pressure plate, transmission. I'm sure I'm forgetting something I replaced but I need help what else can cause this crap. I need my del Sol. Please help.

#5 ·
like above, check timing.

quit throwing parts at it. that is a dumb waste of money. PROPERLY DIAGNOSE THE FUCKING THING.

d16z6, so its obd1. is the check engine light on? does the motor rattle at all? does the car idle perfect or does it idle rough?

I would unplug MAP sensor and TPS sensor and O2 sensor. turn car on, and attempt to accelerate. this will be very bumpy and annoying, but if it pulls harder, one of those three is bad.

a shitty coolant temp sensor will cause a ton of issues.

a bad O2 will expose poor ignition and fuel performance quite easily

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.