Honda D Series Forum banner

Action clutch ratings

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Aquafina 
#1 ·
Ok. I know some of you here are action dealers and hope you can help me out. I have a brand new comp stage 5 for my built gsr motor and am afraid it won't hold my power. Not quite sure I want to go twin disk yet. I plan to make 600 hp, maybe 650 after a turbo upgrade. I'm going to guss that will make 400-450 tq level, and my comp is only rated for 400tq. I want to go 10's badly this spring and need something to get me there. What is your recommendation? If your a dealer, pm me with a price on one. I'm going to guess the 2ms stage 6 would be close, or maybe have to use an ironman, but not sure if that will even hold it. I can't find any reviews yet.

#5 ·
Is the stage 5 the 3 puck one? If so I hear they over heat on launches and tend to slip badly because of this. My 2ms holds 325 ft/lbs with no problem. I would go with action personally and if the 2ms slips you can always get the ironman disc later. You could even ask action directly on facebook. I would say yes the cuffs work thats why everyone runs one. You might have to beef up the trans case on other spots though.

#6 ·
Run the comp. If your goal is to run 10s stage 5 should be more than enough. I run 10s with d16 and comp stage 4, we ran 10.1 on a built Gsr with comp stage 5 before it slipped.

#9 ·
A cuff isn't going to do anything to help a stock trans.
Good to hear that. I'll trust you more than the other retailers of the part. I hear all the time, everyone runs them so they must be good. Lol. I don't think I'll go dog box next, but say m factory has a complete HD gear set and final drive that looks to hold some serious power for around 3k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.