Honda D Series Forum banner

Pushing coolant only in boost

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  thompson335 
#1 ·
First of all its been a minute since I've been around, bought a house and moved from Oregon to Washington state. Been daily driving my car but haven't really done much to it other than beat on it on the daily.
The other day after a spirited run heading to work I noticed the overflow full and spewing water on the ground. At no time has my car overheated but I have been boosting this build daily for over 2 years @ roughly 18psi. There is no oil in the coolant and it only seems to lose anything after I have been pushing it a little, if I drive "normal" staying out of boost I don't lose a drip.
I'm on a Darton sleeved z6/eagle/weisco, arp head studs studs ect ect. I technically don't think anything is warped because the never overheating part. Must have just sprung a small leak between a cylinder and the coolant jacket and boosting just creates enough pressure to push into the coolant system overflowing the coolant reservoir...
Any helpful insight into this from you long time D series family would be appreciated. I just called Honda and ordered a factory head gasket, will be here Tuesday.

#2 ·
Head gaskit or head lift Ora combo of both.

#3 ·
I have the exact same issue. If you can do some data logged pulls. I found out I was running lean at max boost around 7000 rpm causing my head gasket to blow. You need to change the head gasket and make sure it doesnt detonate. You will notice the coating on the intake side of the gasket around the cylinders is flaking off.

#7 ·
a tad to much timing, lean, a little boost creep, or a combination will all get you to a blown head gasket. I would take a look at all these before I just dropped a new gasket in there or you will be replacing it soon. I had a little rubber vacuum cap crack on me and it over boosted on a hard run and blew my head gasket once. it does not take much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.