Honda D Series Forum banner

Advanced ignition pretuned ecu???

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  slo_eg8 
#1 ·
I bought a stock 96 Honda civic ex with a d16y8 motor and I bought a eBay turbo kit yes I herd all good and bad things about it Im willing to take the chance I'm just building this car because im bored and I know I'll get bored with it in a year. Well I bought dsm injectors and bigger fuel pump. So now I need to get it tuned. I saw on eBay that they sell a pretuned ecu to what you have done to your motor and conversion kit to obd1 ecu. I was wondering if anybody has tried these at all and I'm not looking to get insane power I just want it to run decent.

#4 ·
No. You cant tune an ecu without the motor.

You can get an obd2a to obd1 conversion kit and a chipped p28 ecu then give someone your engine and turbo parameters and have them make you a base map. But a base map is not "tuned" it is simply a safe program that should make your car driveable enough to get it to a tuner without blowing up.

NA cars can get away with all kinds of stupid crap. Turbo cars have to be tuned or you will blow it up VERY fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.