Honda D Series Forum banner

Turbo setup feedback

894 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  mikeD16Z6 
#1 · (Edited)
Last spring I threw a turbo kit on my stock z6 just for the heck of it and ran a 14.5 going 79 mph because my pipings wouldnt hold. I then decided I would just rip it all out for the winter and do a build. Here is my budget build spec sheet.

Engine upgrades
ARP Headstuds
255 Walbro Fuel Pump
450 DSM injectors
OEM Gasket set
Suzuki Pistons
Tuner Toys H-beam Rods
KMS Block Guard(please no bad feedback)
King Main and Rod Bearings
Engine will be balanced

Turbo Kit
t3/t4 48, 57
FMIC setup

UBERDATA CHIPPED p28

I maybe missing a few parts that I have already bought but this is most of what I have.

How much boost do you guys think I can do? I did 9 psi on my stocker last year and it held fine.

You guys think I can handle 15-18 PSI? I am thinking its pushing it a bit but I will be doing some major tuning before it goes out to the track.

Power wise, hoping to get 250 HP out of this.

Any feedback is welcomed. No trash talking please.

See less See more
#2 ·
i don't think vitara pistons are meant to handle high cylinder pressures, but as always, tuning will be the key.

#5 ·
makku said:
i don't think vitara pistons are meant to handle high cylinder pressures, but as always, tuning will be the key.
Yes, vitaras arent the best, just trying to push them vitaras and see what they really are capable of. Tuning will be taken real serious.

Ryan89crx-->rods from the group buy should be going out next week. Just got the heads up from Tuner Toys.

#8 ·
csaddict said:
I have seen Vitaras run up to 21 psi. Its all in the tuning. I wouldn't suggest running over 18 psi with them on larger turbo but it came be done. The lower compression from using them is also helping you to run higher boost.
:TU: ^^^
Im going to be running about 15 or so on my vitara's on whatever turbo I go w/.. :)

#12 ·
Okay, new rule. If you use psi to make some sort of connection to power I come over your house and fuck your girlfriend/wife. Deal?

Post some goals. If running lots of intake manifold pressure is your goal, I suggest a dinky turbo with a high PR rating. That way you can run 30psi and not blow the engine up.

#13 ·
1st racerette said:
You should use hondata for the tuning not uberdata.. Last season at the track I met 8 people who used it and they all blew their motor with in a month.. Just my 2 cents... good luck though..:)
oh come on...

blowing your motor has nothing to do with what program you run, its all in the tune. if a novice goes and half-asses his tune with Hondata it will still blow just as easy as with any freeware program. saying that Hondata is the reason that motors DONT blow is just plain ignorance...

#16 ·
ryan89crx said:
oh come on...

blowing your motor has nothing to do with what program you run, its all in the tune. if a novice goes and half-asses his tune with Hondata it will still blow just as easy as with any freeware program. saying that Hondata is the reason that motors DONT blow is just plain ignorance...
I agree.

Hondata is for people who cant tune their own car and need to pay people to do it for them.

Not me though. I used uberdata for a while and it worked fine for me. Compression is 180 across the board bitches. :TU:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.