Honda D Series Forum banner

SPC Upper Ball Joint

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  yabloko 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have these adjustable upper ball joints the PO installed, but I just cant get the nuts loose. They are 27mm and I am starting to round the heads off trying to loosen them. I have used pb blaster already. Does anyone have any experience with these? I need to add negative camber for performance reasons.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
definitely don't use open end wrench its only for taking bolts and nuts of when they are braked lose by box end wrench or 6pt socket, 12pt socket should also be fine. And also better to put it on the wise and press firmly down when turning with socket or box end wrench, depends what you have. Good luck!

#6 ·
6 points are always win. 12s tend to round easier. air tools make life easier.....or harder. all depends

#7 ·
Some times you need offset box wrench in hard narrow area like timing belt tensioner in engine bay, or when change water pump with engine in the car. They usually all came 12 pt and its really great and useful tool. And if bolts and nut not cheap and soft there is really low chance to make them round!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.