Honda D Series Forum banner

Remove old dried up Plasti Dip easily

13K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  JoelEspinoza 
#1 ·
I originally sprayed the wheels with plasti dip glossifier in order to keep the white paint clean, but after a couple months I couldn't get the plasti dip off without scratching the the paint underneath. I made a video of how I removed the old dried up plasti dip from my wheels using Turtle Wax. This method should work for any type of plasti dip.

Difficulty: (scale of 0 to 5) -1 lol

Time: 12-30 min per wheel

Materials:
- 2 cans of Turtle Wax Label and Sticker Remover (~$7)
- A brush
- Power washer preferably or you can use a hose like I used
- Soap, degreaser would make your life easier (~$5)

***Video is monetized, I am not trying to get more views by posting it here, but I don't really have the time to re-upload an ad-free version of the video.

First post guys, take it easy on me if I'm doing something wrong :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Currently on the same boat I will have to try this. Thanks a bunch! Must spread rep

Reactions: slo_eg8
#4 ·
Plastidip is only difficult to remove if you apply it to thin, 3 coats are a minimum with this stuff, no matter what kind of coverage it looks like you have. 3-5 coats makes it that much thicker where it pulls up in a sheet.

If your scratching the paint underneath while removing THINLY dipped parts, take the damn razor out of your hand and use your finger tips! Paint should never be ruined with dip.

Ive done my rims many times, and it peels off in one solid piece every time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.