Honda D Series Forum banner

car falls on its face at high rpm

5K views 52 replies 9 participants last post by  theotherchris 
#1 ·
High rpm anything over 4k it will hardly move.. what are some causes ? Timing is good used came holes, new plugs, wires, fuel filter, cap , and rotor and new coil also. I know my iac needs cleaning but I don't think that could be the problem though. Any ideas ? I'm not sure about the ignition timing btw I don't have a light, I'll get that checked Tuesday.

#7 ·
Code 9 is cylinder position sensor. Ether a wiring problem or the sensor is going. You might pull it and see if it's gummed up to where it would cause it to not want to read. If not then it might be time to replace.

Sent from my HTC One X using AutoGuide.Com App

#8 ·
I've notice a few wires at the ecu a ef"d up and also I have an external oil leak on the VC where that sensor is I've never opened it yet to check inside honda said those things very rarely crap out, I guess I'll check the wiring tomorrow what am I looking or c1 and c2 at the ecu? Any idea how much that sensor would run? Man I want my z6 back :(

#11 ·
Can you explain to me how my cam timing is off if I used the holes to time it ? It looks exactly like the rest of the pictures on here of a correctly timed dohc. If your going to tell me its off then tell me why you think its off fyi I'd rather you not respond if your going to be rude . If you don't want to repeat yourself, then don't. But please don't say blunt things with no explanation. That's not helping and that's the point of this forum...

#13 ·
A code 9 on a DOHC ZC is a sure sign that your cam timing is off. It is nearly never anything else unless the wiring is boogered up, and if that was the case, you would have other issues.

I don't care if you used the alignment holes. I don't care if you think you did the perfect job. Your cam timing, according to the ECU is off.

Since you have no top end, retard the exhaust cam one tooth and see if your code disappears and the engine starts to respond.

#14 ·
Even if the holes line up, your crank might not have been at TDC or the head/block might have a lot milled off them or the key in the cam might have sheared or the cam might have been reground out of index for instance. The sensor could also be defective.

#15 ·
The wires look like a birds nest at the ecu, the sensor inside has a little oil in it also. It used to just be a random code 9 like just came on sometimes.. like when you started the car no cel, but if it had some kind of electrical load such as headlights ect the code would appear. Now its on all the time :( I'm taking it to a honda tech today ( my buddy) . He's going to give everything a once over and test that sensor and check all the timing ect. I would love to be able to do it myself but I've got 6 kids. Wife and its memorial weekend I prob won't even have enough time to wipe my ass later..damn it.

#19 ·
Another update.. trying to provide as much info as I can.. took the cover off the cam sensor and it had oil in it, also had oil IN the electrical connector.. I sprayed it out with Carb cleaner and I'm waiting for it to dry. Do I replace the sensor or do they sell a gasket kit for it?

#26 ·
So that's saying basically the intake came needs to be even with the head, but the exhaust came needs to be one tooth below it? This ish is confusing with all the different answers lol you got a service manual telling you one thing, then a respected member telling you another then 1000 threads that agree with both sides.. my head is about to explode..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.