Honda D Series Forum banner

Gtx 2863r

8K views 49 replies 23 participants last post by  Full_Tilt 
#1 ·
So I've been waiting/planning years for the day I finally get a Gt2860RS, almost ordered one last week. Then Garrett goes and Releases the GTX 2863R. Now what do I do? I keep telling myself I need to draw a line, at some point its just to much, but damn...

#5 ·
Personally I think there are alot better options for your dollar and you can also save money in the process. The entire GT line is rebadged technology from 20+ years ago with the exception of the ball bearings. The GT2860RS is nothing more then an T3 super 60 compressor combined to a T28 turbine with ball bearings. That is it.

What is your goals? Whats the purpose of the build? For me I would not buy a ball bearing turbo unless I was planning on running insane levels of boost and if the car was a dedicated track piece. Yes they are nice to have but for the cost the minute added performance is not worth it.

#50 ·
The entire GT line is rebadged technology from 20+ years ago with the exception of the ball bearings. The GT2860RS is nothing more then an T3 super 60 compressor combined to a T28 turbine with ball bearings. That is it.
Sorry to get off topic, but I thought this was funny and a great example of mhamrick talking straight out his ass like usual. A so called "turbo expert" who doesnt know anything beyond measuring the inducers/exducers of wheels.

Good riddance.

#11 ·
EFR-6258 looks even better. The match bot program is pretty interesting, 1/2 my time is at 5500' and the other 1/2 is up at 9500'. I built the motor and trans for 300 hp. Wonder how many psi I could run on pump gas? If I could run 20-23psi the EFR map looked pretty good at both altitudes.

#16 ·
I haven't seen any dyno graphs of one on a D either, but I'm hoping it should be close to a gt2871.

here is a s252 graph, Bullseye didn't have one for the batmowheel, but it should be a little more efficient. The generic statement was a regular s252 is good for 450hp, and with the batmowheel its good for 550hp.

and just to make things easier.

#23 ·
NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA!!!!! BATMAN!
Teh sex bro! sick ass turbo. Damn I need to call Greg!!!!

Reactions: The_Acid_Beaver
#19 ·
The batmowheel inducer turbine is soo crazy looking. The compressor housing is pretty interesting too, i see go-autoworks updates on facebook all the time. Makes me rethink using the brand new garrett turbo i purchased for my build, its so basic compared to some of this new stuff coming out.

#26 ·
Today was Dyno day. Revolutions down in colorado springs, 6000'. No joke dyno.

Didn't tune the cam, or run the meth. Told him I'd be happy with 250, not pushing it, lame 91 pump. We stopped at 16psi, till next time, when I'll run the meth for a little bigger safety margin. Turbo has A LOT left, its just starting to work. Should have plenty reserve for when i'm up above 9500'

I think the dyno is slowing down the spool, I don't remember what he had set the load at. On the street, 3rd gear pull, I'm hitting 15psi before 5000rpm. :TU:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.