Honda D Series Forum banner

DYI yellow auxiliar lights on a del sol

10K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  del_sol_93 
#1 ·
hi there I wanted to post a small DIY
i was bored at home and i decided to turn my del sol auxiliar lights to yellow ones not using a head light yellow film.
I was at the junk yard the other day and i found some yellow cylinders from a 90's lexus ES and i decide to put on my auxiliar lights here is what i did....

I had a spare auxiliar light on my garage so i worked in this first before i did to the ones on my del sol

tools you need is a dremel and Philips screw driver

you need this yellow cylinder you can find those on a 90's lexus es or and acura rl

i unmounted the auxiliar lamp from the metal bracket (it's optional i did unmounted because i wanted to repaint the metal bracket)

take it off the metal thing inside the lamp

u will have something like this

See less See more
#2 ·
use your dremel to cut the inner part from the light bulb hole

after you cut it you insert the yellow cylinder in the lamp

you can use J&B welding to stick it together the cylinder and the lamp

and you have the results (use a h3 bulb for for the new cylinder and do a rewire for the new bulb)

and yellow auxiliar lights

i havent put them into my del sol yet, so i dont have some pictures how it would look like at night but everyone can get the idea. I hope you all like the small DIY.

#3 ·
Thats actually pretty damn innovative, mad props!
Now we just need to find the P/N for those inserts for those of us who dont ahve access to a lex at the yards. Im going to see how this will work out in the aftermarket housings also.

REP!

#5 ·
nice job. there is a write up on that for the DA integra; the acura legend fog light trick for the DA integra.

#14 ·
oh no you got me wrong. your write up is not a copy of the DA one. for starters you don't have to dremel the housing to put the yellow plastic, the DA have the provision already, so it is easier.

so rest easy, you did good. ;)

#21 ·
I had yellow Aux lights in my Sol... Couldnt even tell w/the headlights on b/c the headlights overpower the Aux lights. If you could wire them up so the Aux lights could be on without the parking/headlights on, then this would be useful IMO. Either way, good job.

#23 ·
there is a how to to make the auxes independant of the head light switch... give me a min ill find it
Gah solsociety is still down, and mafdark and solblu dont have it on their sites anymore. Search around, there are DIY's on it, or you can always just get out your wiring diagrams and figure it out yourself.

#31 ·
yeah i ment JB welding the inserts to the housings and if bulb burns just take it off and get one lol, im just joking
i replaced my h3 bulbs which were 75w to a 100w and having wired up to the corner lights at night made a difference.

^
I've always wanted to hook up a bigger bulb to my aux lights, the OEM ones dont light anything up. other than like 2 feet infront of you lol.
But i was afraid that the higher heat from bigger bulbs would melt the housing.
i had HIDs on them and they used to get really hot but it never burned the plastic of the housing

#30 ·
^ I think he ment to JB weld the "Yellow Insert". and then the H3 bulb hooks up to that yellow thing. And you would only need to turn the bulb and change it out if your bulb blows. Like a regular housing lol.

I've always wanted to hook up a bigger bulb to my aux lights, the OEM ones dont light anything up. other than like 2 feet infront of you lol.
But i was afraid that the higher heat from bigger bulbs would melt the housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.