Honda D Series Forum banner

Turbo Z6 cut out

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  boostfreak0885 
#1 ·
I have a fully built D16Z6 with a stage 2 cam and my problem is when i get up to 3400-4200 rpm my car stutters (misses) but it idles fine and drives fine other than that it does it either when you get on it or ease into it but only at those rpms anything after 4500 its fine doesnt cut out at all . My timing is dead on i know ( checked and re checked) no boost leaks also checked and rechecked. Any ideas? its on a base map from phearable.net with stock map sensor but only on 5psi of boost

#5 ·
Yeah man like said previously. You need a real tune.
Why are you gonna risk a "Fully built" d16z6 by not getting it tunned properly.
You are probably leaning out really bad when you hit boost. Or maybe even flooding your engine. Neither one is good.

IMHO the Tune is the MOST important thing when your boosted.

#6 ·
Yes you have to pay the price and get it tuned for it to hold up. Even street tunes leave a lot to be desired unless the tuner is really good.

#10 ·
i had a basemap from phearable.net, and it ran like shit... get a tune.. they make the map so its pretty safe.. but it runs like shit...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.