Honda D Series Forum banner

Ok got a question......

681 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  si-hatch86 
#1 ·
ok i jus bought this car from a guy and he said the clutch was out but while its in gear and the engine is off the car rolls jus like it would if it was out of gear. there is no noises coming from it while its rolling. when the engine is running and its in gear i can let out on the clutch and rev it up and it wont go anywhere or try to stall. what can this be? do i need a new tranny or what? any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
check the clutch fluid if its hydrolic.

the pressure plate and clutch disc might be shot.

have a friend press on the clutch and with the hood open, check to see if the clutch fork is moving at all. if it doesn't, it could be a slave cylinder, or clutch master cylinder.

#4 ·
the clutch pedal has resistance to it when it its pushed in and is let out. it have plenty of fluid and no air comes out when it is pressed. it goes into gear jus fine but doesnt make any noise when its in gear while the engine is on. i have drove standards all my life and never have i ran into this problem. i have had tranny's lose certain gears but they didnt roll while it was in the " new neutral " gear lol

#7 ·
ive broke a few axles and stock diffs, and after letting out the clutch, you should get a nasty sound... but you never know... if the axles popped out, which would be a hard thing for them to do and it would be quite noticable with trans fluid everywhere... make sure they arent broken off right inside the case where its hard to see without pulling the axle out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.