Honda D Series Forum banner

Chipped OBD1 with 3-wire iacv

8K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  sloopy 
#1 ·
finally got my chipped p06 and it runs like pure crap with the IACV opened at max the whole time surging up and down

is this because of my 3 wire iavc? the engine runs so poorly i barely made it down the street

#7 · (Edited)
That link and the 1 b4 Is helpful with the iacv repin diagram but they don't tell you that you don't have to do step 2 If your still using the y7 throttle body. The Link assumes that you're doing a full vtec swap, there's a different to us d doing only a mani swap and still retaining the 3 wire y7 throttle body.
You only need to repin it at the ecu tower and be done, step 2 is only require If you have a manual mani/manual iacv, since you already epoxy the back shut you can just run the y7 throttle body and just convert it to 2 wire iacv and not worry about finding a manual iacv. Assuming your already running the po6 ecu, you would need to repin it at the obd2a tower clip right before it plug to the obd1 adapter harness. This should be brought up In the future when people Link these write-up.

#13 ·
The same thing is happening to me. I just swapped to a PO6 and kept my Y7 TB and 3 wire IACV. My car idled high and then when it reached temp would start surging. When you did the 2 wire swap did you use the 2 wire IACV or just do it to your 3 wire IACV? For the time being I just went ahead and sealed the IACV and used the idle screw to set the idle and disabled the IACV in crome so I can get some tuning done.

#16 ·
are you trying to use the three wire iacv with the two wire mod? that won't work. i did the this mod on my y7auto to b18manual conversion and it works fine. but you have to use the two wire iacv from the y5/y8/si/ls/whatever else they can be found on.

#15 ·
I'm going to try using the 2 wire IACV I have blocking the port on my z6 manifold. Right now I'm using the 2 wire as a plug and running off the 3 wire. I need to get the 2 wire connector and then wire it up like it says. The 3 wire is blocked now so I hope this works. I need to keep the Y7 TB because of the MAP sensor location. When I get the conector I'll let you know what the out come is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.