Honda D Series Forum banner

Injector swap question

787 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Thewall 
#1 ·
whats up. last year i ran 450 injectors with a resistor box. now i have a new build and im going to use 550 rc injectors. now i know that 450 dsm injectors are low independence. and my new 550s are high. so i didnt wire a resistor box. i am also using an afc to tune it because im going to try to use the chip i have from the 450 injectors just pull some fuel out with the afc. overall my question is will the car start if my chip is for 450 and resistor if i use 550 no resistor

#4 ·
This is a bad idea because you can't control timing properly this way. Don't you have a street tuner close to you? You might even be able to get it close by adjusting the fuel pressure but then you're horse power would be down to the dsm450's untill a retune. AFC's have their place in the garbage unless you don't have another afordable option or you're trying to tune modern vehicles with no support.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.