Honda D Series Forum banner

Obd2 to obd1

3K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  ekjdmd16a 
#1 ·
i converted my car from obd2 to obd1 and im running a chipped p28. of course i hook up our snap on scan tool to pull codes using the obd2 plug and nothing. i have the blue 2 wire plug by my ecu which i thought i could throw a jumper wire in the get my codes to flash but no such luck. also no 3 wire plug to hook up to my hon-1 adapter. need help pulling codes! thanks!

#9 ·
thats weird. for some reason i thought a non flashing cel, when the jumper is correct means the ecu is bad. But if the car is starting and running than than wouldnt make a terrible amount of sense, the car is starting and running correct ?..ive never had a problem getting the codes from my car, it a 97 civic converted to obd1, i just jump the connector and get the code no problem.

#11 ·
Another problem I've run into is this. My car is a DX and I swapped in a JDM D16a which is equivalent to our D16Y5 VTEC-E. I was using the stock ecu with a vafc for vtec control. Now that I have the chipped P28 I can do away with the Apexi and let the ecu take care of vtec engagement. Problem is I'm not sure if I run the vtec selenoid wire to my ecu or the jumper harness and what pin. I have access to Alldatapro at my work but It's starting to become useless with the conversions and boosting the car. Thanks!

#15 ·
i think its in the right way?!? would the car even run if it was flipped around? and yes the cel is on while the car is running but i havent tried jumping the clip while its running. i usually throw the jumper on before i start it. should i jump it after i get it started?

#26 · (Edited)
time to contact paypal....

I cant believe a simple jumper on J1 wasn't installed. From what you guys can see, what other components are missing? Also is this ECU useless for turbo as is. I've done a little research and essentially the VTEC map is your boost map, correct me if I'm wrong?

#28 ·
Well it is vtec-e. D16a or our version of the D16y5 with roller rockers. When I was N/A I just used a APEXi VAFC for VTEC engagement with the P2E (DX) ECU. If I have a VTEC basemap on the EEPROM do I need to have all the VTEC components on the ECU? I was still thinking about using my APEXi to take care of VTEC and have it engage just before I start making boost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.