Honda D Series Forum banner

Don't Kick me out :(

2K views 43 replies 28 participants last post by  Boosted91 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it has come to pass i currently do not own a SOHC , or a honda for that matter. yes my CRX drove away today with its new owner. So here i sit with a fist full of cash contemplating my next build. I learned allot about boosting hondas building this CRX and with the knowledge i learned i feel my next one will be even better, however I really feel to take it to the next level I should go with a b18c1, dont throw rocks at me just yet let me talk. A D series is a awesome motor to say the least, however they have their limits before you have to start really spending some coin to make them strong enough for the numbers and 1/4 mile times im looking to run, im looking for 500+ at the wheels for my next daily driver and a D just isnt going to do that for me with what i can afford, a b18c1 can run them numbers on pump with ease with only rods, pistons and a few other little odds and ends. So since their is no such thing as a b16c1.org and this site is one of the best of the best i hope i can still stay here and torture, tease and annoy you all even if i am spinning 2 cams. yeah i did the math and rechecked it and to hit 10s which is my goal for this year in a daily driven D powered street car it would have took me way to much cash and even then it would have been iffy as to if the tranny would have held up to it with no failure, a B tranny is also going to be stronger and help me meet my goals. so unless i put a b tranny or one of those other tranny swaps on a D which is expensive i think its best to go this route. sunday i am going to newjersey to look at a possible candidate, its a 93 hatch, and seems to be what I am looking for. it needs some little things done to it but it will be a huge boost in the right direction i think. we shall see how it goes, i want to be sure i grab the right project car and not rush into things. i think i may buy a winter beater soon and for that i will be looking for a D for sure :) then i wont be such a traitor .

See less See more
Reactions: Hellhatch
#2 ·
Hey, this is a D-series site, but we're all here for the love of Honda's when you get to the core of it. i imagine you will have another drool worthy build on your hands. Any criticism you will receive is probably gonna come from jealousy, not because of the B but due to the power LOL.

Good luck dude and glad to see the CRX was sold, even though i am sad to see it leave the site, i know it's what you wanted.

#22 ·
:werd:

hell, most of the members have B, H, K, & F motors for DD cars, such as Integras, swapped Civics, S2000s, and Preludes...

#3 ·
Congrats and goodluck on the next build!!! how much did you let it go for finally?

#4 ·
sounds like a good plan to me.....i wanted to go b-series at first w/coupe but also wanted boost so i just built my bottom end head to come soon.......sound like it will be a fun project......btw im in jersey and have plenty of tools and resources.....if ya need a hand hit me up!

#5 ·
At least it will be another Honda. It would be even worse if you had a Hyundai and was on this site :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: icwicked
#8 ·
It sold for 6500 with out the rota slips. and thanks every one i will for sure be posting my new build here.

#11 · (Edited)
6500 with out the rims and a few other little things that didnt affect its performance.
im using the new rims on the next car but i do have another set of slips i may sell if i end up needing cash.

#10 ·
well i really want to say i could care less. for the simple fact of all the whinning and crying you did prior about all the rep and whatnots. it tell me that all you need is to be in the limelight but in fact you're just be anothe follower. what do i mean by this... point in case:
Boosted91 said:
N/A is the expensive way to go slow
you know that statment can only be spoken by the most narrow minded person for the simple fact is... gee how many turbo hondas are on here? answer: so many that you can go thru the members list and find som many that you'll just be another turbo honda. "oh look another turbo honda."*sarcaism*

now for a true n/a build to show power take time and patience. then oh let me slap on a T3/T4 w/ram horns some 550cc injectors and a simple tune and woo hoo i broke 300whp. but to extract tru hp from a n/a take a,ot of trail and error. why? can you cgo thru the membership and find real n/a. i can probly name everyone and maybe it won't be more than you can count on one hand.

so in truth N/A is the expensive way to go slow but i would rather be in that small list of elite while you my friend would be forgotten by the end of the week of your thread. unless you can hit mid 9s or better in the 1/4 but till then go and drown with all the other follower with in the 200-325whp cars that may go between 12-11 in the 1/4 cars.

#13 ·
i was thinking of having another raffle soon, i have a few items that people on here might love to have. :) when i get time to monitor it i will have another one ;)

Reactions: Psychoblue23
#23 ·
#16 ·
#19 ·
good luck with the new project.

Now invite the new owner of the rex to the site.

Then I can sell to him my roll cage.

j/k lol

#20 ·
i told him about the site, he had alot of questions and i told him every one here knows my car and would help in any way you all could.

Reactions: 4Door
#21 ·
Well it has come to pass i currently do not own a SOHC , or a honda for that matter. yes my CRX drove away today with its new owner. So here i sit with a fist full of cash contemplating my next build. I learned allot about boosting hondas building this CRX and with the knowledge i learned i feel my next one will be even better, however I really feel to take it to the next level I should go with a b18c1, dont throw rocks at me just yet let me talk. A D series is a awesome motor to say the least, however they have their limits before you have to start really spending some coin to make them strong enough for the numbers and 1/4 mile times im looking to run, im looking for 500+ at the wheels for my next daily driver and a D just isnt going to do that for me with what i can afford, a b18c1 can run them numbers on pump with ease with only rods, pistons and a few other little odds and ends. So since their is no such thing as a b16c1.org and this site is one of the best of the best i hope i can still stay here and torture, tease and annoy you all even if i am spinning 2 cams. yeah i did the math and rechecked it and to hit 10s which is my goal for this year in a daily driven D powered street car it would have took me way to much cash and even then it would have been iffy as to if the tranny would have held up to it with no failure, a B tranny is also going to be stronger and help me meet my goals. so unless i put a b tranny or one of those other tranny swaps on a D which is expensive i think its best to go this route. sunday i am going to newjersey to look at a possible candidate, its a 93 hatch, and seems to be what I am looking for. it needs some little things done to it but it will be a huge boost in the right direction i think. we shall see how it goes, i want to be sure i grab the right project car and not rush into things. i think i may buy a winter beater soon and for that i will be looking for a D for sure :) then i wont be such a traitor .
a d-series trans will hold up just fine... plus, they are like what 200 bucks vs, 400-500 or probably more for a bseries trans... i dont think that their all that stronger.. jfk is putting 479 to his with no problems.. the d-series sleeves are also stronger then a b series... you will of course be spending alot more for a b series... trust me... why do you think alot of them switch to a liberty gear box. (fast ones at least) because there trannys cant hold power either... if you blow one up, your 500 or more out of pocket...... you think a d series is expensive to go fast..?? wait til you start with the bseries...

but yeah i still respect ya haha... but what youve said, isnt all that true

#24 · (Edited)
i still stand by what i said, i researched it and spoke to all the experts including tranzsex, i cant say that the hydro D series trannys are better but the crappy 3rd and 4th gear fork in the 88-91 style trannys are junk and prone to break, pm tranzsex he can explain it all to yah he is the expert not me. about the sleeves, again i wont act like im the expert but i contacted all the top tuners I know and the verdict is they all agree. there are freaks whos sleeves seem to take more then average but generally not many people will push a D series stock sleeve past 500, but a b18c1 sleeve for example is able to go past 600, again this is all from the mouths or emails of experts not me i simply did the research and the math, here is what i found after talking to greg and bisi it was going to cost me ballpark 5 grand to get my d16z6 up to the numbers needed to reach my goal and even then i needed race gas or wather meth injection. or could sell it take that money and add another 2 or 3 grand to it and build/buy a b18c1 set up and car and meet my goals on pump gas, its not rocket science to see that its thousands cheaper this way for me compared to doing my old d16z6 over. i will end up saving my self several grand this way and still meet my goals of running 10s in my daily driver, it just will be using 2 cams instead of 1 is all, this wasnt a last minute decision on my part i spent months researching and talking to all these respectable guys who know there stuff and it really makes sense in the end for me.

#26 ·
4dr man...do it no one expects the 4dr. Go with an LS/VTEC setup on nitrous, atleast thats my dream motor. Or an H2B with juice

#28 ·
I know where there is a fully built sleeved 2.0 gsr blah blah blah gt30 something. dynoed 430 at 18 psi. tune by evans. Apparently jeff said it would make 650 the way it sits.. it is in a 97 civic. caged. fully built with no expense skipped.. I think he is down to 10 g's!

if you are interested let me know!

#32 ·
pics or more info or even a phone number would be sweet, i go tomorrow to look at and or pick up the 93 hatch , but im always willing to look at other ideas.

#29 ·
im still saying d series sleeves are thicker then a b series sleeves and are stronger. they can get high hp because of the head flow.. 600hp on pump gas is stupid.. my trans lasted all season running 11.31's-11.4's on a open diff. all you need is a good clutch, and a tight shifter, and seat time

#31 ·
i dint mean to imply 600 on pump was safe i just meant 600 on stock sleeves was ok to do. :)

#30 ·
Two things I hate about B series.......

A) parts prices to fix trannys, namely grinding 3-4 gears

B) having to remove the cams to pull the head, adjusting the valves are a little harder.

Above those two issues, no complaints :)

Would I rock a B16 CRX? YES SIR! That motor is so smooth.

But I'm a cheapass and don't sit in a CRX that well.

#34 ·
#38 ·
looking at a light hatch with a GSR and boost, my goals are the same 10s in a full interior daily driver, pretty much the same as my CRX only 1 second faster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.