Honda D Series Forum banner

Nitrous

853 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  andresdelsol 
#1 ·
Hey guys....i wanna run nitrous on my car, because i did a mini me on it and something the head shop did is F***** my head up and so it dont crack vtec until its cold lol so im lookin for another cheap easy way for power and ive always wanted to run nitrous so what do you guys think would be a better kit for me? i have a ridiculous rich car i mean my back bumper can be filled with blck smoke by the end of the night smashin around because the ecu i have is chipped for a b20 so it has more fuel going in that air and i have a waldbo 255 pump on a d15b7/y8 mini me head and i heard if i get wet it might cause nitrous backfire so i should go with dry......anyone? im confused on what to get, im only going to do a 35shot

#3 ·
No shit! You need to sort all the other crap out before you ever consider nitrous. VTEC is actually only supposed to activate if your engine has warmed up. Also, get your ECU tuned for your set up..... That could be a lot of youur problem right there.

As far as nitrous kits, this has been discussed a lot (I just left a thread about a small ntrous system). Any system that's not install correctly can lead to a nitrous backfire or worse. A dry 50 shot is fine for a motor in good condition, but I would personnally go with a wet system if you plan in upping the jets at sometime in the future.

#4 ·
beside all these thing above, you may need spark plugs 1 or 2 stps coulder that the ones you have, if you already have tha fuel pump good, however have in considerations upgrade the injectors, also an exhoust system from the headers to the catback will help you a lot with those extra gases. i have the same engine ( d15b7) and i just installed the nitrous yeserday, i will bring some pics for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.