Honda D Series Forum banner

Straightline Specialties Sent Me 2 Topmounts :)

1K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  rrussell 
#1 · (Edited)
Well last night I received my clutch from SLS in a separate package from my manifold. I came home today 20 minutes ago to 2 more packages sitting on my front door, which had me uber excited yet puzzled at the same time. I open the first box to find a top mount, and i was psyched to find that, so then I knew there had to be something else in the other package of some importance and I knew it was another part that they mishipped and was hoping that they sent me 2 manifolds not knowing of their messup. Well I opened the box to actually find my manifold and a note.

Basically they sent me the first one which had a 38mm gate instead of a 44mm like mine and was to be going to a person I will only give away their first name which happened to be Benjamin... With the note was a shipping label prepaid and basically they asked me that I repackage it and sent it to Benjamin as a favor since they had mistakenly sent it to me and caught their mishap.

Being the good person I am, I will be sending it to Benjamin in a few minutes. I would be very upset had mine went somewhere else and made my 2 month wait take even longer. Especially if the person who got it didnt send it to me, like asked, and it took SLS another 2 months to make me one.

I got pics of both so dont "Pics or Didn't happen" me. I'll put them up as soon as I get back from FedEX this package is Overnight, as they were to my house too. But Ben will be waiting for his package in the morning.

Pics scroll down

See less See more
#14 ·
good shit man! i have had trouble with their shipping department before...

i ordered a pre-fabbed collector... waited like 3 weeks, and nothing... checked for my reciept, and i didnt get one emailed to me... so i ordered another... got it within a week.. and then a few days later, i got another one... i thought i gained something on their behalf, but sure enough, looked at my bank account, and enough money was gone for both...

#18 ·
i dont normally ask for favors. i talked with nick on the phone after i shipped the manifold. he graciously thanked me. i told him about how excited i was until i found the note. and then i knew i had to send it. i know damn well mine had went to someone else after i have been waiting 2 months like i have, and they didn't send it to me. i would be very upset about waiting for SLS to make me another. i only do whats right.

thanks for all the reps. i really wish i could have kept it and sold it which was my first thought when i received it. but after my talk with nick. i would have really felt bad, hes a good guy just always super busy. he actually called me back today which is the first i have ever heard of. i think if i order again i might get the hook up, i'll call and order and he'll know what to do. if not, no big deal. i cant expect a manifold for free. they honestly cost quite a bit in materials alone to make. they may make their own flanges etc, but they dont cost much more than the materials to make them though.

i also got my clutch last night which shipped separately from my manifold. i found an exhaust housing for my 60-1, so you guys may see this on sooner than expected. check my build thread if you're interested in that

#22 ·
thats how i am. i do what i would want people to do for me. who hear can say that they would have kept it? i would honestly want to hear no's from everyone but i know a lot will say yes. oh well, i have a clear conscience over it and feel good about what i did.

#25 ·
you know dirtyD has a top mount mani for sale , its used but still top condition, coulda saved you much much cash if you woulda bought his :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.