Honda D Series Forum banner

DIY: 94+ Integra Maplights in EG Civic

5K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Lowclass 
#1 ·
I wrote this how to article a few months ago and thought I would share it with you all.

I found a maplight on ebay for $7 shipped from a 94+ integra. These little lights are very handy. I hated always reaching back and clicking on my dome light when I wanted to see something.

Start off by removing your visors.

maplight:

Here is a pic of what the back of the light looks like. The light is grounded on the integra roof by the screws that hold it in place. Since the civic doesnt have that, I improvised. There were these pieces that clip in to the negative side of the light that ground themselves on the screw. I removed these. Then I used a spade terminal and clipped it right in on each side and connected it with a butt connector.

Now that you have the negative wires hooked up to the light, you want to ground it somewhere. I grounded mine on a sun visor screw.

Next comes the most difficult part of the install, cutting the headliner to make it fit. I measured, then measured again. I found out where the center was and marked off where I was going to cut. Here is what the hole looked like in mine before I cleaned it up a little. Dont mess up here because the only way the maplights are going to be held in is if it fits snug in there.

Next is getting a power source for the lights. Behind the A pillar is a white wire with a red stripe. You want to tap into this wire for power. This wire also goes to your domelight. I hate these connectors, but it works. Run the wire underneath the headliner and connect it to the maplights using another spade connector.

Since I made the hole a little smaller than the lights, I had to wrestle it in there a little bit to get it in right. It wont budge unless you really try to pull on it.

Here is what it looks like with both drivers side and passenger side maplights on. What is nice about the integra lights is that each side can be controlled seperately.

Reinstall everything and make sure all wires are hidden. Now you have maplights.

See less See more
#10 ·
Good job on the write-up Levi. Its good to know that 4 years later, they're still going strong.

#11 ·
im glad i have a map light and dome light already in my car, but nice write up man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.